Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS surgery, time

WramblerWWrambler Posts: 1,588
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:30 AM in Pain Management
I just got off the phone with same day surgery. I finally have the info down to the hour of arrival!

I am supposed to be at the same day surgery center at 7:00 am Monday morning! I am glad I do not have to sit around hungry all day waiting to do this.

This has been a long time coming, or so it seems.
advertisement

Comments

• Glad that it is all looking good for the BIG day - you know what Luke Skywalker says on May the 3rd?

'May the 4th be with you' - bit daft but made me smile!!

Hope all goes well & look forward to hearing how it all works out for you.

Eliza x
  • I have always hated it when I wasn't allowed to eat all day and my procedure was late afternoon. Glad you don't have to deal with that. I'm getting excited for you. I really hope the SCS works and rids you of all this pain. >:D<
  • Will be praying for you and that your procedure goes well
    Donna
  • May the 4th be with you! =))

Want to know something even better? Things actually!

My dog is named Chewbacca, My youngest son is Lucas!
    I often would say, "Luke, I am your father" into the anwering machine when he was younger and home alone after school. It was our phrase so he knew it was O.K. to pick up the phone!

If we had a daughter I would have named her leah, but my wife did not agree to that :( so good thing we did not have one :D

Thanks for the kind thoughts! this one will do the trick!
    I have to believe this one will work!
  • Boy, I hope the week end flies by and Monday is here before you know it. I agree about having surgery early in the day because that means the Dr. is not tired yet and most likely it is on time because as the day goes on... you know how it goes.

Good luck with surgery and I look forward to hearing your success story in a few days!

Kathy
  • Have a great weekend and an even better Monday!

"C"
  • I hope the SCS surgery goes well. I know it was a long time coming but finally here! That's great. May the 4th be with you. Best wishes and a prayer for you if you like. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Wrambler. I'm so excited for you getting your SCS on Monday! I have had mine for a week now. It has helped my leg pain so much! It has taken away even more of the pain than I thought it would. I had it tweaked by the Rep on Monday and see him again this coming Monday.
    The first few days were a bit rough for me at the pocket incision area but it is much better now. Also, I have Crohn's disease which decided to raise it's ugly head this week. grr

I wish you the best of luck and all the relief in the world! Let us know how you are doing. We will be thinking of you.

Diane

• Hi Wrambler

How funny you are such a Star Wars fan & my joke was so appropriate, perhaps it will help you smile a little tomorrow - NO joke now - I really really hope the 'force is with you' on the 'fourth'

I hope that the day, surgery & the recovery go smoothly for you - will look forward to hearing about it & hope that is is all in & working 'tinglingly' this time tomorrow.

For now I will 'buzz off' & wish you well, I wouldn't be without mine, I couldn't manage without the reassuring buzz!!!
    Eliza xx :)

• I want to make sure I thank everyone here for their help and answers in getting me through these last 4+ months of questions and worries.

It has made all of this so much easier then before when I simply had to worry alone, much more fun to drag you all in with me :D

I have good solid case of the worries going, loaded up on some Xanax and trying to watch "gangs of Newyork". That's bloody enought to take my mind off of things :D

Well, not really.

Do you ever wonder what makes some of us so much more worriers than others? Some of us angry, some of us so frustrated that we stop trying? I pray that we all find an answer and get to live out our lives with a little less pain. I really have my mind set to this working, this needs to be my answer, I feel it will be.

Wish me luck! I am so glad that this will be early tomorrow morning. Going all day without my Xanax and waiting would have me basket case.

Of, that is mean, I hear you all saying, "how will we know the difference?" (meaning I have been a basketcase for a long time now)

Hope all of you are having a good stress free Sunday. I'll be around I suspect.
  • First, good luck with your surgery tomorrow! I hope this works for you. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

As for being a worrier, I will admit that I am definitely one. I think I worry because I'm so good at it. =)) My husband agrees with me. I don't know why I had to be a worrier but I am. Maybe it's because I'm a Virgo. :))(

You'd better come back and let us know how you're doing. ;) A good success story will keep us more positive for our own futures. Either that or we will all become insanely jealous that you got relief and we didn't. Anyway you look at it, it's good news for you. 8} Seriously, I wish you all the best for a quick recovery and all the relief you can dream of.
  • Hey there!

I just saw that you're heading in for the big day tomorrow. I'm not sure if you're already in bed and dreaming of better times but if you aren't and you are reading this...I just wanted to wish you the BEST of luck!! I'll be thinking about you and praying that everything goes really well!

Give us an update when you can!

Danimal
  • Wrambler, by now you've had your implant and are probably feeling a little groggy. I wasn't around to wish you well on the procedure but I am here to wish you success with the device. My stim is buzzing along. I'M SLEEPING!!! That's the best part. I can sleep all night. I EVEN DREAM. When I wake up, I feel rested and raring to go. I felt a little crappy for a couple of days after the surgery (I had the paddle leads) so you don't have to tell us how you're doing right away. Just know that you are in our thoughts. Susan
  • This was surgery number FIVE in the last three years.

I am nauseated, very sore, and a have rather unpleasant headache I can't shake, but it is finally over.

One lead in place, but they have it really well positioned! I can even get coverage across most of my back and all my left arm! We just have two programs in for now, more programming will be done later.

I can't deal with too much more thinking right now, so I'll just stop. Been a long day...
  • Wrambler--I'm so glad you made it through the surgery and can feel the coverage! To be posting so soon after the procedure...............You da' man!!!! Rest and keep us posted.
  • Glad the hard part is over. Now just kick back, relax and enjoy!

"C"
  • will take a while, I am not done paying my dues on this yet :D very, very sore...

They also decided to place the IPG in my hip, even though I asked for it in my stomach.... I'll live. I'm sure not letting them go back in and move it! OUCH! They of course also have it sitting right at my belt line. I get quite pissed about it, so try not to think about it :) Happy thoughts, Happy thoughts!

I also did not get the Ultra as the "institution" I had it installed at does not have approval to use them! I'm OK, it is really working fine, still a medtronic ipg, just a slightly larger unit, still rechargeable etc, I only have one lead, I have FULL coverage, it is very sweet as I have coverage clear to my hand, but NOT the hand! I still have trouble believing we got that! Before I would have so much stimulation in my hand i could not do much when I had the stim turned up, now it is fine!

I also have coverage on my left side too! Right now I am running only two programs and they do not want me to recharge till I heal up so I am leaving it off when possible. Once I get healed up I can get a massage type program in place as well as the pain control!

My hip is the worst place right now, that and my antibiotic is giving my the itches!

I am real optimistic that I will indeed be able to get off pain meds once I heal up from all this poking and prodding!
  • Congratulations - it came and it went and now on to recovery and hopefully a pain-free existence.

You're such a trooper - you've been in such pain, been through the ringer and still always put a smile on our faces.

Take care and buzz away!
    Cath
  • I just now found this post!!
    Guess we hillbillies are kinda slow....Arf Arf
    I know your implant is in and you are getting along fine. Yippeeeeeeee <:P
    Mine should be in early June....Another Yippeeeeeeeee
    They have did something to the Oxycodone....It is not working for me at ALL!! I am in agony. :''( But I gonna hang in here....I am tough!!
    I am really happy for you my friend.
    Hugsssssssss >:D<
    Patsy W
  • Wrambler----I have my IPG in my hip. (I didn't want it in my abdomen because I will do just about ANYTHING to avoid looking at my ABDOMEN since I gained the 40 pounds since my injury and I swear all 40 pounds are in my abdomen. I don't usually wear a belt BUT I do wear similarly restrictive pieces of clothing (are you familiar with Spanx?). I avoided these things for a few weeks but now I feel pretty well healed. I'm still a little protective of the area. I wouldn't want a big smack on my fanny (not that I'm usually into that sort of thing, mind you) but all in all I don't think having the device on your hip will be all that bad. On the other hand, the doc should be shot for not listening. It is, afterall, your body, your money paying the bill and you do get to call some shots (no pun intended). Hope you are feeling great. Welcome back to LIFE! Susan
advertisement