Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

360multi level lumbar fusion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,623
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:30 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
i have had 3 lower back surgies including a tlif at l3-l4 now on 5-18 i will be having a 360plif 3levels what iiam i in for and how long of a surgey is this thanks
advertisement

Comments

• dlubrano said:
    i have had 3 lower back surgies including a tlif at l3-l4 now on 5-18 i will be having a 360plif 3levels what iiam i in for and how long of a surgey is this thanks
  • Hi dlubrano,

I had a 360 2 level fusion dec. 2008 and my surgery took 4.5 hours. Make sure you have someone to help you at home and a walker to use to get around with for the 1st few weeks. Also I was not able to drive for 6 weeks. If you need more info please feel free to pm me. Good luck.

Kate
  • hi kate thanks for the info i will put it to good use i hope you are doing well.
  • I had a fusion L4-S1. Surgery was 4-5 hours, hospital was 3 day and a total of 1 week just in bed and walking around my house with a walker. At 2 weeks off all meds and I was going shopping with help and bed rest. week 3 I was back to the gym walking 2 miles and by the end of week 3 5 miles a day. Week 4 wanted to go back to work but couldn't go back. It was due to the job. Week 5 really started getting my life back. I have my story posted in good news. I'm 3 months post-op. I glad I got the surgery done. Just do what the doctors say and walk as much as you can. It is hard at first but walking will help you out alot in the long run. Best wishes to you.
    Melissa
  • i also had the fusion/lunbar transitional surgery. operated on March 25th. could have gone back to work in 3 wks, but i waited until the 4th wk.

i highly recommend walking/icing. i wouldn't allow myself to just sit around. i walked all over the hospital, and went i got home i continued. walk/ice, walk/ice, walk/ice tried to do both of them every 2hrs that i was awake.

so far so good. just wish i had it done earlier.

good luck
    kevin
advertisement