Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New duck in the pond!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in New Member Introductions

my name is Geoff and I am a new member. I discovered this site a while a go, but today I decided to join up.

I live in NH and am originally Dutch, although I don't wear clogs (wooden shoes) and wouldn't be able to recognise a tulip if it hit me between the eyes while singing the Dutch national anthem. Married, two cats, no kids, and I will see the big four-oh this year! Yikes.

Have had terrible back pain for years and years. Been semi-believed by docs; that is, they never found (enough) proof to back up my claims of pain, but obviously believed in my discomfort enough to provide some medication.

Have tried going without pain meds for the past nine months, hoping that would help, since possible addiction was a slight issue.
However, since then, my life has gone downhill:
Gained weight, in constant pain, cannot move, cannot sit up, can't sleep, and well, life is less than sweet at the moment.

Thought about suicide plenty of times.
But I have a great wife - love of my life - and just looking at her makes me happy. I could never, ever, make her unhappy like that. Thus, on I soldier.

So here I go, back to the pain doc. Right during a bad (month long) pain spike, and the process is (literally) excruciating.
Six injections per visit, drug test (UA) on my second visit (no problems there), and a contract signing on a third visit, which was originally planned another month out from now. I got that pulled forward a bit, fortunately!

So we shall see what happens.

This doc, in spite of his dawdling and his love for long, useless, needless needles does actually believe that my MRI supports my pain claims. This is actually the first time I've ever heard that.

So that tells you a bit about my situation. I am a gentle chap, very affable. I am pretty much housebound at the moment, and hope to see that change soon.

Ask me anything you like, I'm here. In the mean time, I am looking forward to contributing to the discussions where I can and meeting some people.

Thanks for listening to my long-winded introduction!

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you decided to stop by.. =D> i am sorry you are in pain.. ~X( it does not always show up on a test, but you know it is real!! :T good luck with your new doctor and getting his support! i am in love as well. 29 years!!! :X so i soldier on as well.. stop by anytime! :D Jenny :)
  • After one Dr and his 8 weeks of 8 trigger ijections I got another PM Dr. and he found the facet joint injections and said they would help more than the trigger point injections and they helped. I also have had 5 epidurals with some relief but I'm still on hevy duty meds. Good luck with your Dr and hope he helps ease the pain for you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. This is a great site for information and support - the people here are fantastic.

You never mentioned in your post about what is causing your pain and your MRI findings. Can you tell us more about yourself? The more we know the more we can help or discuss.

Again, welcome to SH and I look forward to talking with you.