Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

So went to the Pysiotherapist today

cyndi4everccyndi4ever Posts: 153
Cyndi Here I have been a member for almost a year now. I had c-4-7 fused posteriorly with a laminectomy and have worn my collar since august.. In the last month I have gotten down to only wearing it when I travel. I have been bothered with my knees for months now and my Rooster comb shots are not really helping my left knee is pretty much shot. It looks like the doctor feel Knee replacement will be in order in the very near future (OH JOY) while in the meantime I am trying so hard to lose weight he says it will help but wont take away the OA. Sooo I have been noticing the last 5-6 weeks when walking that My bad knee foot always points outward and my other foot has Foot Drop( slap slap accross the floor expecially is I wear shoes other than sneakers, (makes it louder, ) I had noticed it but just sort of figured I was weird for which I am... @ weeks ago my husband said that he could hear me coming accross the store. I also had a brisk knee reflex. so they ordered MRI of my Lumbar, then they want Thoracis and a new one of my neck... I hate those machines witha passion, Does any of this make sence? also when walking (which hurts to much lately) my foot and toes will go numb..
Just wanted to through this out to ya.. The suregeon wanted this study done right away. Mri Saturday night, office visit on Wednesday

• I'm sorry you're having such trouble!

I have brisk reflexes too and they ordered a complete MRI for me but whatever they found on the MRI didn't worry them to the point of going forward with an EMG. I hope the same happens for you...though your foot drop symptom does worry me a bit! What did they say about that??

I hate MRIs too (although now that I have a neurostimulator, I can't ever have one ever again!). Would you consider going to an Open MRI?? I did that once and it wasn't nearly as bad. Or you could ask for a sedative so you can sleep through it?!!

• they ordered an MRI right away, for what ever that means, He seemed like he wanted an answer right away. Thank you for responding
  • Have any ideas about this. I'm nervous
  • Have you had the foot drop for five to six weeks, or has that been going on longer? My guess why your surgeon wants the MRI ASAP is due to the foot drop. That is a sign that the nerve is badly compressed and they usually want to get it checked out sooner rather than later.