Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post L2/3 surgery leg pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
Am new person and hi. Frank from Warner Robins GA. Have four bad levels in spine. Doc said L2/3 worse so had surgery laminectomy on that on 23 Feb 09. He said the bones in that area were all disintegrated so he cleaned it out and did a fusion with screws, etc. Prior surgery I had very painful, intermittent sciatica both legs. Post surgery I have constant, very painful leg spasms as well as electric-like shocks up and down both legs. Very disappointed in results as doc thought L2/3 surgery would alleviate sciatica. I can barely walk when I get up in morn and eat percocet like candy. Sometimes it helps a little and sometimes it doesn't. With my legs in this state and still three bad levels in my spine I can't see ever being able to work again. I am 60 years old and a former tennis player now maxed out on Prozac. Thanks for listening.

• Welcome to the forum. I hope you find answers to your questions. This is the best place "other then your doctors" because most of us have gone thru the same thing and we so understand your suffering! I had L4 L5 fusion with hardware and a Lammie as well. I also had sciatica pain and both legs hurt for a least the first six months until the nerves restarted so to speak. Since we are all different in the way we heal and handle pain, etc we will all most likely heal at a different rate. Having someone close by that understands and is willing to help with your recovery works wonders. Trying to heal alone is a real bummer. As you research this website you will find so many sites that will also answers alot of your questions. PM me if you like, I do understand what you are going thru.

Evelyn :H
    Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.
  • I hope that your pain lessens in time. Take it easy and hang in there. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN