Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical fusion cracking often

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,623
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi, almost 11 years ago I had a C2-3 cervical fusion. For most of these years I've had very little trouble, moments where neck really hurt, just way I slept. Now my neck is cracking all the time, as often as I move or get the urge to turn head to alleviate the pressure with a crack. It's a grid, crack, pop all day. I'm asking those with similar experiences, will I have to follow up with another surgery or is the cracking of high concern. No weakness in arms or legs, just headaches, bit dizzy, and minor pain in that area. Thank you.
advertisement

Comments

• Sounds like what your experiencing is "Crepitus", which is that "snap, crackle and pop" you feel and hear within your neck. It's common to any patient who suffers from arthritis but do yourself a favor and see a Doc in regard to what's going on.

The big concern however would be that something has come loose in the fusion hardware OR you may have bone spurs grinding together which can present similar signs and symptoms.

So to reiterate, see your Doc and hope for the best, it may be nothing that requires treatment and is something you'll just have to tolerate as time goes by.

Jeffrey
  • Hey Mate,
    I have similar problems. i broke my neck in 2004 in four places and ever since have had problems with cracking and manipulation of my vertibrae. on average my neck clicks into place at least 15 times a day. when it feels sore, all i need to do is move it in a certain way and it clicks into place and relieves the pain temporarely, until it starts to hurt again, then i click it into place again, and so on.
    does this sound a bit like what you are suffering from? if so, i personally believe that as long as you have your pain under control, you have nothing to worry about; if it makes your neck feel better? i say this because i feel that if you have have broken your neck, its not exactly going to be strong and effective as it once was. however if your neck is clicking every time you move it slightly i feel as if you should see a doctor about this and try and organise a xray or MRI scan and see of that identifies the problem.i am sorry i cant really help, i only have my personal opinions and experiences to express with you.
    i hope you feel better soon and get it sorted quick smart.
    :)
    Adam