Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Globus Medical Transitions dynamic Stabilization

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
Having surgery June 10 on L4/5 using recently approved Transitions dynamic stabilization. Has anyone out there had this new procedure? Lots of info on Dynesys but limited on Transitions. Were there any trials? Is there any clinical history with this implant?

• First, welcome to the board. I think you are brave to be trying a new product so early in its evolution. I had never heard of it so did a bit of research, and have to agree with you that there isn't much out there. Even on the company's website, it is not listed among their products, although I could find mention of it in the company's financial (stock) information from May, 2008. There were trials held outside the U.S. as of May 2008 but I couldn't find any information about trials in the U.S. which would have had to be held after this date.

So, you are right. It is new.

Is you surgeon one who conducts trials on new products? How did you decide to go ahead with this new system? How long have you had issues at L4-5?

Please post later with your experiences. And, best wishes for a successful outcome.
  • I am also having surgery (4/28) - fusion of L2-L4 connecting to an earlier fusion of L5-S1. My surgeon wants to install a globus transition at L1-L2 to take the "load" of the disc to prevent further migration of stenosis up my spine. I would be very interested to hear if anybody else has anything to say about this device / surgery.