Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help with pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi im new to forum, i need help from anyone. ive been out of surgery spinsl disectomy w/fusionc5-6 for 10 mths now. they only gave ne a 30% chance of pain relief but a 90% CHANCE OF PARALAZED IF NOT sent me to pain dr put me on morphine sul FIFTEEN MG which doesnt even knock the edge of my pain have an appt next wk any ideas on better pain relief some say morphine every six hrs or stronger mg or would oxcodene wk better any help greatly appreciated

• Hi Tn,

Welcome to spine-health. You may have more answers placing this post in the pain medication forum and or pain management. Typically, it takes a combination of meds to get the right thing going. It has been my experience that pain meds don't do much for nerve pain. Have you tried any nerve meds such as lyrica, nuerotin, cymbalta to name a few. What about muscle relaxers what are you using in that category? Like i say it takes a combination and you and your doctor need to design those meds based on the type of pain you are having. Have they looked for what is causing this level of pain? What about PT and or trigger points to work in combination? Have they done a new emg study? I know for myself the damage to the nerves is permanent causing chronic radicloathy. In a effort to hold down the pain the combination is percocet, cymbalta, and soma in combination with trigger points and physical therapy. So your doctor should beable to design what will work for you based on your condition and pain. You may find it useful to write everything down before you go to the doc to keep the appointment on track. Good luck at the doctors and keep us posted. Once again welcome to spine health.