Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I twisted when I shouldn't have!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I was outside on Sunday and a bug flew in my face and without thinking about it I twisted to get away from it. There was immediate pain which subsided after about 30 seconds but ever since then my back has been more sensitive then it was before hand. Everything was getting a lot better but now I feel like this put me back to where I was about 2 weeks ago, it hurts if I mis-step or trip, sleeping hurts more than it did as well as getting in and out of chairs. My nerve pain was getting less and less and now every once in a while I feel burning sensation in my thigh (I had this before surgery but haven't felt it since). Should I be worried? I am 4.5 weeks out from surgery. I go to the Dr. next Friday. Should I call and tell them what happened? I took a pain pill the night it happened but otherwise I haven't taken any. I don't really have pain walking it's ony during the certain movements I described above. I was walking about 4-5 miles a day before this but now I am sticking to walking around the property. I am going to take a walk down the block later, maybe I haven't been walking enough? I have taken a couple of muscle relaxers the past couple days thinking maybe the muscles tightened up when I twisted.

I know its to be expected but its just so depressing to have a set back when I was doing so great. I thought maybe it would just take a day or 2 and then pain would go away but it hasn't. Any advice is appreciated!

• From what you describe, it doesn't sound extreme, but I'm not a doc so take it for what it's worth. Were I in your shoes, based on my experience with multiple spine surgeries, I would just be careful, keep a good pain log and mention it to the doc on Friday.

However, the doc is there for your benefit, so if you cannot set your mind at ease, it never hurts to call and ask.