Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

T6-T12 irritation

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Yesterday my back was slightly sore, nothing that prevented movement in any way. I could stretch normally, turn, and move things(meaning gym weights) just fine. About 40 minutes into my gym routine(shoulders specifically) I arched my back just a little to much and I got a twing, pinch, or sharp pain around my t7-t12 area. I quickly tossed the weights down and sloooowly got up. After that( meaning from 6pm until 10pm) my back slowly started to stiffen. I now have trouble standing completely straight up, turning left and right, looking ONLY down with my head, left and right are fine) and the kicker, holding both my hands out in front of me.

By account this is the first time I have gotten this pain for an extended amount of time, nothing more then 10 minutes to 1 hour of this pain in the past. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Im hoping I can remedy at home or just taking time off at the gym but Im a little in the dark at the moment since this has never happened.

• I guess I should add, the pain does NOT prevent or inhibit movement of any of body part nor does it cause any thing to go numb, its centralized in my back.
  • well...I can see why I didnt get any replies. My condition isnt cronic or caused by an injury, causing it to be debilitating. I'll stay away from posting here unless its serious.

For anyone who cares to know that may just have temporary back problems and are a part of the bodybuilding .com forums I'll give you my update.

The pain started thursday night and is now 95% gone. I used a heating pad all day friday, saturday, and part of sunday( I work in a chair all day and stayed in one during the weekend). I also went to the gym saturday and got on the back machines, set heavy enough weight to stretch my spine out and did a good 30 minutes of stretching on about 5 different machines. Before that on the same day I did 1 full hour on the seated bike with a back rest(low resistance jsut to heat my body up and sweat).
  • I'm glad to hear you're pain is 95% gone. If it continues to be painful you should see your Primary Dr. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Welcome to Spine Health!

Nice to hear that your pain is almost gone. That's always good news to hear! :)

Please don't be discouraged from posting on here. Sometimes it takes a few days (or weeks) before someone posts a reply to one of your questions. I think it's due to people not personally experiencing the pain you are posting about, as this has happened to me as well. It truly isn't due to people not caring about the pain you are in, as the people here on Spine Health do care and offer very helpful advise.

I am rather "new" to back pain and chronic pain. I never experienced all of this pain, until my injury last November. I learn a lot from other people's posts. What you shared with us... is something I will remember, so I thank you for keeping us updated. Heating wraps work well on me, too. For others, ice works better... or a combination of both. I hesitate to offer up advise, unless I have experienced what the poster is going through. (I would hate to give someone wrong advise and make their condition worse!)

Best wishes to you and please post any time!

• welcome from another spiney

it's not that people don't care. I can honestly say I rarely read the thoracic catagory, until now that I'm having an issue.(you're in the right place though)

sometimes it's where the post is not because people don't care as I've been reading for awhile now and find alot of support, grant it there are alot of lumbar fusion people so pls come back and I hope your pain continues to resolve!

take care