Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

disc bulge-carry on swimming and walking? have pt

tigerlillyttigerlilly Posts: 26
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi, have disc bulge again, had discemtomy last year.
have 3 weeks b4 see suregon, its been 3 weeks since scan, just not sure if this is likely to heal?? we dont have crystal balls, but shall i carry on swimming and walking with resting ?dont want to lie around all day but dont want to make it worse
thanks carly
advertisement

Comments

• i don't know your situation but i'm in a similar bind. i want to be active and lose weight and can't just sit here all day. my doctor recommended walking (limited) and water exercise. My PT recommended dangling in a pool to help stretch out and suck in that bulge. if you have the time/means to do a round of therapy before you see the surgeon, i'd seriously look into it. it may help prevent the need for a second surgery now.

what does your doctor say about activity?
  • Hi,
    My doctor didnt say much, but wait to see surgeon on june 10th, in the meantime i will get to pool and float , i did some walking today . slow.
    Its hard to loose weight when one is not allowed to move properly,and im very fustrated. But weight can always be shifted, we only get one back. Im annoyed since doctor who looked at scan told me there was nothing wrong! 3 weeks ago, so ive been thinking its just inflammation. my GP on friday read report which said i have disc bulge that was operated on last year. im extremely annoyed.
    good luck amd i just prayer this dosent get worse.
    thanks for advice
    carly