Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Wish me Happy Anniversary!

MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,368
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Wish me Happy Anniversary!

It was one year ago today that I had my second ACDF. It was necessary because my first 3 level from 1.5 years earlier had failed. New herniation intense pain, radiculopathy etc. During this in-between time I managed to get a DUI because of our beloved Neurotin.
One year ago today they set me up with a four level, with removal of two vertebrae, harvesting of bone from my iliac crest, posterior rods and a cage. One year ago today I had the first of 4 surgeries over a 3 day period and was in the hospital for 8 days.
6 Weeks after surgery, I was so toxic from all of the opiates I had been on, I went into a medical detox for 5 days followed by a week of rehab. While in rehab I discovered that my wife of 19 years was going to divorce me. After rehab I went back to work for 6 weeks and then got fired. My 16 y/o daughter managed to wreck 2 of my cars. It was a long cold unemployed painful winter.

Today, (you may wonder) I gratefully have a job again, I struggle with pain and pain meds to be able to function somewhat normally, life goes on, (on life’s terms not mine) in pain.

I hate country western songs – my life has become one. I find it difficult to visit our little site because of all of the “newbies” I feel their pain, and I have enough of my own darn it!

May God (or whoever – however holds your beliefs) bless us all in our journeys.

Life is not a problem to be solved – but rather a mystery to be lived. (from fortune cookie)
Spine-Health Moderator
Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,368
    Was it worth it?? Well, the pain level and (other symptoms)are better than before the first, and better than before the second. In each case the pain had become absolutely unbearable ... at that point I would have done anything to get relief. I hope and pray that I, and all of us never are at that point, now, later, currently .... ever again.

My greatest fear is that I indeed suffer from a progressive disease, and that over time my condition will only get worse, and never really better.

I now feel more in tune with nature as every change in weather, warm-cold, sunny-cloudy I feel deeply - as i feel the lives of each of you that are effected by our shared afflication.

Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)

• Wow Metalneck, you've been through some tough times. Your attitude is awesome, happy anniversary!