Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sarno technique, read it!! it helped my friend

tigerlillyttigerlilly Posts: 26
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all,
just thought id let you know about the Sarno technique. my friend told me about it. He had l5 s1 discetomy, and prolapse of disc above, he was at his end with it all. He used this doctors technique, it saved him.
let go of all your stresses, im doing that today, its helping, letting go of all the pressure you put on yourself, and just focus on back getting better!!!!mind power, i hope it works, nothing to loose
take carexxx

• I think it is more for long term pain than an acute herniation?
    I don't now how long I've had the L5 herniation, but my back started bothering me last year, then I had knee surgery for ACL tear and did rehab for 5+ months. Then my back upper glute really hurt 2 months ago when I tried out for a hockey team (I'm 18).
    MRI showed it was a herniation at L5 and I've been worse since the diagnosis, after physical therapy and 1 epidural shot.

So my mom now is saying it is stress related because I'm going away to college, trying to play for a high level team there, etc. and this pain is common among young, college athletes (with or without herniation).

I've researched many examples and one study from a sports medicine journal showing that 85% of tennis players 16-20 have herniated discs or spine fractures and have never had or reported pain. This was a small random sample. So there's hope that a lot of the symptoms are psychosomatic.
    Then there are people with herniated discs that are not athletes. So what is the cause of our trouble really??

Has the Sarno technique helped you? I've started but I'm not doing daily reading/journaling. No results so far,,,