Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in New Member Introductions
I have been living in pain for 10 years now. I have seen a lot of different pain clinics and no one seems to have the answer?
I was hit by a truck while I was riding my motorcycle, I was thrown down the highway 100 yards. I had an "OPEN BOOK" fracture of my pelvis and a crushed hip and I broke my legs in several places along with my arms they were broken in a few different places also. I was given less then 3% chance of living and was put on life support for a month. I made it that is the plus! But there are days I wonder if it was worth it? I have gone back to work to try and keep my mind busy and also to keep moving. That is the short story of why I am here. :)

• Hi techman :) Life without pain... well, I'm sure it's less interesting in some way. At least that's how I have to look at it... I wouldn't want to be bored or anything.

Glad you beat some serious odds :)

Welcome to the SH board.
  • Hi Techman, welcome to spine-health! Sounds like you've been through a bit, and you've beat the odds. (Been to Vegas yet btw?)

Anyway, you've come to the right place for support and information, spine-health is chock-full of good stuff. Was your motorcycle accident 10 years ago? I wrecked my mc on the track back in 1987 but walked away. Wondering if that is a contributing factor to my back pain now.

I don't think you'll find a better group of folks than those here, and everyone has walked that proverbial mile in the shoes.
  • You've come to the right place. There is such a great base of support here. And when your having a bad day..remember the good days and try to smile.

Take Care of yourself
  • I hope this will help a little, It is hard to talk to people that are not in pain 24/7.
    The way I grew up I was taught not to show pain. It was a sign of a "sissy" as my Mom would tell me, My father was not in the picture at all. My Uncles would tell me the same thing. So it is hard for me to talk to my Wife or my Kids, they are grown now, I think here since I really don't have to look someone in the face it might be easier for me to talk about what I am feeling. So THANK YOU ALL for the Welcome. :)
    Yes my Accident was 10 years ago this june 15th At 9:15p.m. that is when my life changed forever! I was struck by a Semi on a Highway near where I live. I had been in pain before that from having bad knees, I would take the knee pain only now, instead of having Pain thru out my whole body.
    Once again Thank you for the Welcome!
  • You wouldn't believe how beneficial it is to participate here at s-h. I know for a fact that many people say more here than they do their significant others!

So have you been trying to treat your pain for the past 10 years as well? Or have you just got the point where you are saying "enough is enough!"