4 months out from failed foramintomy
Well I have need for some forum help. Thanks in advance.
I had a large bone spur rotated into my C34 disc space. The surgery last February didn't clear out the nerve. Apparently, he went in from the side and the Dr.s in Los Angeles indicated it should have been a posterior approach. So now I have to find some INFO to proceed. I have had a post surgery CAT scan and MRI. EDITED has offered ADR as the best, next step. He wants the Prestige with the crews. He said he even did one at C23! I have a second opinion next week with Dr. EDITED. I have also had an appt with dr. EDITED last fall when this first happened.
To complicate things I have also torn my inguinal for a Sports hernia. This is not the first time I had it repaired 3 years ago and I retore it in the pool treading water because the bone spur surgery still has my arm in numbness and pain.
- Which one first?
- After 8 months is my foramin nerve permanently damaged so ADR won't work? Dr. EDITED didn't think so
- My daughter will watch me until off pain meds, the last surgery it was 12 days. Should I have her anticipate longer/shorter?
- My C7 disc space has a large osteophyte that needs to be trimmed to let my throat relax again. It is herniated but no pain. When is 2 level ADR going to be available?
- Is the laser institute procedure for failed foraminotomies (sorry about spelling) an option?
- Is it better or worse concerning upper level fusion or ADR for adjacent disc disease?
- My previous surgeon claims my muscles are thick and that getting the tooling perpendicular will be hard at C34.
Please help. Even if its more questions to ask Dr. EDITED or EDITED.
Good healing to all!
Doctors name and contact details removed by forum Moderator (paulgla). We do not permit publishing specific doctor's or institution names and contact details.