Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Failed framinotmoy now ADR? Lots of questions

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
4 months out from failed foramintomy
Well I have need for some forum help. Thanks in advance.
I had a large bone spur rotated into my C34 disc space. The surgery last February didn't clear out the nerve. Apparently, he went in from the side and the Dr.s in Los Angeles indicated it should have been a posterior approach. So now I have to find some INFO to proceed. I have had a post surgery CAT scan and MRI. EDITED has offered ADR as the best, next step. He wants the Prestige with the crews. He said he even did one at C23! I have a second opinion next week with Dr. EDITED. I have also had an appt with dr. EDITED last fall when this first happened.

To complicate things I have also torn my inguinal for a Sports hernia. This is not the first time I had it repaired 3 years ago and I retore it in the pool treading water because the bone spur surgery still has my arm in numbness and pain.

Some concerns:
- Which one first?

- After 8 months is my foramin nerve permanently damaged so ADR won't work? Dr. EDITED didn't think so

- My daughter will watch me until off pain meds, the last surgery it was 12 days. Should I have her anticipate longer/shorter?

- My C7 disc space has a large osteophyte that needs to be trimmed to let my throat relax again. It is herniated but no pain. When is 2 level ADR going to be available?

- Is the laser institute procedure for failed foraminotomies (sorry about spelling) an option?

- Is it better or worse concerning upper level fusion or ADR for adjacent disc disease?

- My previous surgeon claims my muscles are thick and that getting the tooling perpendicular will be hard at C34.

Please help. Even if its more questions to ask Dr. EDITED or EDITED.

Good healing to all!

Doctors name and contact details removed by forum Moderator (paulgla). We do not permit publishing specific doctor's or institution names and contact details.

• Hiya >:D< Wow! :O you must be in some pain ~X( You asked which one first :? priorotise!! which one is more painful! ~X( , and which one could you live with for a while :?! I do know what its like to have permanant nerve damage as i have that problem myself ~X( , i keep losing normal function in my right leg :''( but only from the knee down and both arms from the elbows down :''( . When this happens its very painful but my limbs are just floppy! ~X( I also had a problem with my muscles being to thick i was told this was because before all this i was a fitness freak :O Sorry i cant help you :S But there will be someone here that can :) keep me posted! :?

Angie >:D< :H