Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need Translation to Layman Terms Please

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Disc dessication, disk height loss, and broad-based disc bulge with significant effacement of the anterior thecal sac, without contacting or deforming the spinal cord with in conjunction with uncovertebral osteophyte formation which causes mild to moderate bilateral neroforaminal compromise.

disk desiccation, and mild broad-based disc bulge in conjunction with uncovertebral osteophyte formation which causes mild effacement of the anterior thecal sac, and mild neural foraminal compromise bilaterally.

Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• I am not a doctor or affiliated with them in anyway.

That being said...

Discs are filled with fluid and kinda jello like. Dessication is when moisture goes away. The best way my doctor described it was this: Think of a tube of toothpaste. When you squeeze it with the cap on it will bulge in different ways. Take off the cap and it will squirt out... leave it on the counter and it gradually dries up but never goes back in the tube.

So you've got loss of moisture (dessication)... disc height loss (if I'm not mistaken) is when the space between vertebrae is decreasing due to dessication/degeneration of the discs.

Significant effacement: wearing down of the front of your thecal sac. This isn't touching or warping your spinal cord.

Osteophytes are bone spurs.

All of this is causing neroforaminal compromise (don't know what that is, could google it easily) on both sides.

That's what I've got. Is this your MRI report? When do you go see a doctor?
  • I will get steroid shots in my neck next week. Surgical consult after that. Seems that I need to figure a way to get the toothpaste back in the tube...