Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Enbrel Injections

Marti_142MMarti_142 Posts: 62
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
Is anyone on the Enbrel injections? Last week at the rheumy dr we decided it's time to move my treatment up to the next level. My spine, hands, shoulders are getting progressively worse. So the dr and I agreed to hit it more agressively. (Trying to limit the damage,I already have plenty.)

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else on here is taking the Enbrel and also how long it takes to see some results. Thanks.

• Hi Marti
    I've been on Enbrel now for a couple of years and for me its my 'wonder drug'. I could feel results within a month. I take 2x 25 mg week and have to mix the solution. Its not hard. I know now that there are 50 mg pre-loaded syringes available and I did try them but had trouble with the larger syringe.

At first I had some minor reactions at the injection site but this went away after 2 weeks. Mainly redness, swelling and itching. I inject mainly on my stomach.

For me now the results have levelled off but I start feeling lousy if I miss more than 3 shots. You will need to be extra cautious about catching colds, flu etc as it lowers your immune system. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me at any time, keep us posted and good luck! Shalom
  • Mine are 50 mg, once a week. It is like an epi-pen, preloaded. I just set it on my leg and click. It does burn while the medicine is going in, but I didn't seem to have any reaction at all. Just hoping it helps! Thanks for your in-put!
  • Hi there,

Does anyone know who gives these injections? Specifically in the state of Washington? I have two appts with neurosurgeons in the next month and am deathly afraid of surgery. Looking for more alternatives.

• I took Enbrel for a number of years until it started working for me. Now I'm on Humira (take it every 2 weeks). Hartllb - Enbrel and Humira are self-administered. I was prescribed it through my rheumatologist. They can take up to 6 weeks to truly get the affect. You have to go off them before having surgery because they inhibit your immune system.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
This discussion has been closed.