Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

CT scan

kimmeamkkimmeam Posts: 149
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I did call the N/S. The Dr. himself is out of the office until next week. The receptionist told me that she would note my chart & have him look at it when he returns.
I received his report yesterday. It says that the CT scan with bone windows shows unequivocally that my c5-6 level is fused. Not a candidate for any further surgery & that I should be managed conservatively.
What does this mean? I understand that I am fused but, what about the rest of my neck. What is conservative management?
I've tried P/T, ESI, accupunture, lyrica, neurotin, oxycontin & oxycodone. I won't see my pain Dr. for 2 more weeks. As it is the meds as prescribed are not working. I have left 2 messages stating this & have never gotten a return call. So today I am seeing my PCP for meds.
I don't understand why still all the pain & numbness if I am fused. I can't help but to think there is something else wrong.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    is basically a set of treatments that are non-surgical and are designed to provide relief from spinal problems and many times can provide corrective actions so that you can avoid surgery.

Some of these treatments you have already had. A list, but not all inclusive are:

- Physical Therapy
    - Aqua Therapy
    - Heat/Ice Therapy
    - Massage Therapy
    - Ultrasound
    - Passive Traction
    - Acupuncture
    - Trigger Point Injections
    - ESI (Epidural Spinal Injections)
    - Lidoderm (Lidocain) patches
    - Relaxation Therapy
    - Deep Tissue Massage
    - Osteopathic treatments
    - Cranial Massage Therapy

I've been trough all of these and many several times. I still go 2x month for Deep Tissue Massage and 2x for Osteopathic treatments.
    These have been some of the actions that I need to keep up with regular to properly manage my spinal condition and pain.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com