Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Life On Indefinate Hold -- Do they even care?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Dr after Dr I have seen about my neck pain as it makes me so tired, I have had to give up my studies as I was in so much pain I couldn't concentrate on what I was reading, I also had to give up my part time job - and I get the impression they just see me as a whinger. They put me through Dorsal Root Ganglion Block treatment on Tues, probably just to get payment from the insurance company (I was never offered any other treatment apart from physio, not even drugs, apart from regular Neurofen and Paracetamol) and now I'm in even worse pain with electric shocks going up my head and numbness in the base of my skull. I phoned the hospital and the Dr told me not to worry and it'll wear off in a few days. Before the treatment I was NEVER told this could happen. I am desperate to get better so I can start work again as I am living on my credit cards to pay for everything.
I just want to get better. Will I get better? Has anyone else had this violent a reaction to this procedure? Is it really as normal as the Dr says or am I getting fobbed off?
advertisement

Comments

• Hello,and welcome.
    Did you sign a form before the procedure,and did the form state any side effects you might experience? You should have,or be able to get a copy of this form from the hospital where the surgery was performed.If the side effects that you are having now are not listed,you have every right to ask questions and recieve answers,respectfully.

Good luck to you.
  • Yes I got a copy of the form. It was very vague.. just said bruising and possible infection of needle entry sites.. well I have a bit of bruising and a couple of the holes are quite red, that's what I was expecting. What I wasn't expecting - or got warned about - is the "cattle prod head"!
  • I would call the Dr. and tell him your symptoms, ask questions and demand answers.
    Because I've been getting those shocks that go UP my head from the base of my head/neck area since I was 12-13 years old.They are fast and very painful,I'm thankful that they don't last long...but I do sometimes get bad headaches afterwards.No Dr has ever explained these to me sufficiently.