Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New and need info

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi new here and can't seem to find the info i'm looking for hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. I was born with a defect of the l5 and s1 fused. all I can seem to find is info on this being done through sugery and not a defect. I have been suffering non stop for 3 years now. I have had x-rays, cat scans and bone scans and this is all they can find that "may cause the pain". so what they are really saying its either that or she is crazy. I have seen a specailist and waiting to see another the only thing they keep telling me is I should go to phyiso but thats not an option anymore. after going to phyiso it got worse. I have pain in my lower back and feels like pressure on my tail bone. the pain goes through my but and into my leg. I know i'm not crazy and my doctor knows i'm not but getting pain meds is a real hassel. the strongest she will give me is tyneol 3s and they are not enough. I only get enough for 2 a day. I'm a stay at home mom and have 2 kids one being a toddler it makes things difficult when they say well you just have to accept your limitations. ?? are they kidding? I have a toddler and another that goes to school. despite how I feel they still need to be taken care of and fed ect. I would really like to understand whats going on I didn't even know I had this defect and went through many years just fine and now this? sorry so long but I have no one who understands that I can really talk to my husband is not so understanding and thinks that I just don't deal with pain well despite last year when I had a hysterctomy and was up and going full force the next day.grrrrrr frusterated!

• Thanks hope to hear from them and their experinces and see if anything they have found to help can help me to as of yet I got nothing. sometimes I feel like a experiment by doctors. another occurance seems to be that when I'm in pain the muscle above my knee twitches. very anoying and has lasted for 3 days straight!
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you do sound frustrated and i think you have every reason to be. :? remember, you know the pain is real.. many times doctors will try that one when they can't figure out what is wrong. don't let them make you feel anything but like a pain patient trying to get help. and not getting any meds is really sorrowful. :''( it might make your day so much better to have adequate pain medication. =D> have you tried another pm? good luck and i hope you find the info you need. :D Jenny