Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hiya all, I'm new to online support and way overdue for help

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in New Member Introductions
My name is Karma. I feel like my story is too long to post here or maybe I'm embarrassed or at my last straw or I just plain dont know what works anymore. So heres my brief synopsis.

Some years back I had to quite my job due to herniated discs in my neck pressing on nerves that affect my arm. At the same time I have a chronic case of shingles that sit right on my lumbar and sciatic nerve. I had the vaccination and was immune to it. I shattered my ankle a few years ago and developed RSD. Had the pins and screws out because I was so sensetive. Fibromyalgia with overlapping trigger points. Migrains of course, and tinnitus that never stops and other ailments that go on or are side effects from the meds I have to take. I've always been strong but find that I am not bullet proof anymore. Nothing seems to work consistently for me as I have more bad than good days anymore pain-wise.
I'm just looking for alittle extra support system, seems like its time.......I'm overdue and glad to find you here.
Post more in a bit. I just wanted to say hi

• Glad that you posted. Welcome to the board. You will find so much really good information here and great people too!

Sounds like you have had a hard row of things that are major. Have you had a recheck on those herniated discs in your neck?? Did you have surgery or just hoping they healed up? Alot of times, the body tries to heal itself with bone spurs and scar tissue and things that actually make the situation worse. I was thinking that I had gotten the fibro, until I found out that I have problems at C5/6 and my EMG/nerve study showed nerve damage. The neurologist said that all of my sore muscles and knots and trigger points were from my neck problems. I also sit 8 hours a day programming and drive 1 hour each way to work....so I'm doomed.

I hope that you continue posting and reading. I was reluctant at first to share and once I did, it was great to find acceptance. Not sure it's great to have ailments like these and the chronic pain mess, but oh well.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you decided to stop by!! :D you will have plenty of chances to make friends and get that support you need. there is usually always someone on the forum to chat with! :-C i just became familiar with RSD through another member. you are not alone!!!! :D so please drop right into the middle and make yourself at home. =D> all the best and i hope your pain problems give you some relief soon! ~X( Jenny :)
  • Thanks your giving me confidence to keep going. Been a little depressed lately if you cant tell. Guess it goes without saying. Its just so...not me... I've always been a beleiver in alternative therapies and positive affirmations etc. I used preventative measures took my vitamins and still got sick. So out the window everything went, finally gave in to pain meds when money got scarce and nothing else worked.
    I had accupuncture and cranial Sacral therapy to help heal the disc. Problem area C6,7. Slight bulge C2. However I still have the numbness in my thumb and 2 fingers to remind me its still there. Since then Constant tinnitus, pressure , fogginess, migraines, just weird nerve stuff. So I think alot of my problems now stem from that. Since I have chronic shingles, one problem irritates the other and the shingles never really clear up for long and I'm left with phn post herpetic nueralgia. I sound like a cry baby. I just cant remember the last time I felt normal.
    I cant afford to get my neck re checked, I have to beleive that I somehow will get through this. I live in small town AZ and there are not any good pain doctors here that I know of.
    Thanks for welcoming me in. I feel I could just keep writing but dont want to overwhelm anyone too fast. Its like I've been holding so much inside of me and the cup wont hold no more and I dont want to flood anyone with all my woes. Been a pretty stressful time.
    Again I'll take baby steps here. Already you give me hope.
  • Its nice to talk to someone who really knows what we go through. RSD is agonizing at times and many days it is hard to even get out of bed. I find my family and friends dont fully understand whats going on. They make it even more difficult at times without knowing. I dont commit myself to anything or anyone anymore because I dont know what each day will feel like. Pain Basically robs you of life doesnt it. My once very full busy life is now very dreary. I thank you for your caring I hope to talk again.
  • Hi Karma, Welcome. I have not been here that long myself and am learning new things every day from the site and a lot from the people. It is very comforting to talk to those who know what you are going through. I have not been able to work for the past four years and it drives me nuts sometimes. I want so much to have the life I had before and not let pain and immobility take over my life. I am for the most part a very positive person, but I think we all have days like that one you just had. Do not be hesitant to share your feelings. Sometimes just saying all the bad stuff make you feel better. Always keep hope in your heart O:) Always available to talk, Sharon

Degenerative disease in lumbar spine causing central canal stenosis and neuroforaminal stenosis at L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1. I have some bulging of disks in the thoracic and lumbar area, no herniation. I have pain in my back down both legs. I am on pain medication that somewhat controls the pain. I am looking for ideas on how to proceed other than just the use of pain medication.
  • Oh Karma you came to the right place we all "get it" like our family/friends just can't. :H

I also have my body dictate how my day will be what I can do, and depending on what I do how much I want to hurt...it sucks X(

You have alot going on and I commend you for reaching out Sharon's right I think it helps to get things off of our chests, big or small-no pun intended =)) =)) lol.

I know first hand after so long as I have watched my normal self and normal life slip away I get hard on myself & feel guilty and I think some in my family think I'm a cry baby but we will never think that you can wtite all you want please don't be so hard on yourself, maybe we can remind each other of that. ;)

pls PM me if you want also and anytime sometimes I don't check in on the boards for a period of time and sometimes I need to come here daily. I don't know why that is.

Are you a Phoenix Coyotes fan?

take care >:D< >:D< >:D<

• You do NOT sound like a crybaby! You sound like someone in need. Going through all that you have is enough to change anyone's outlook, but you need to believe you can get that positive feeling back, and find relief!

Take care, and bee kind to yourself!