Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New guy on the block

pete81241pete81241 Posts: 1,194
What a pain! Stenosis, DDD, foramin narrowing. 2 fusions and four laminectomies, injections, stretches, ice and acupuncture. Many years with no pain relief. I've seen it all. I try to keep a sense of humor about all this. My Dr just told me 80% of people with back/neck/leg pain are depressed and the other 20% are lying! I'm in the 20% group. I've probably spent half a million dollars on various treatments and the best painkiller i ever got was from my cat when he licked my hand and he sent tingles all through my body. I adopted the cat for $100. however cat wasn't covered by insurance.
if i could only figure out how to have the cat lick me all night long
I understand the romans used to wrap electric eels around their legs. i'll take the cat.
my next hope is the electronic spine stimulator. I hope to have it inserted in a few months
My Dr. told me that the good thing is stenosis won't kill you. So i'm a lucky guy.....alive and kicking.
love to share some info on pain relief. Maybe i can help you out.....
image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> pete

• Welcome to Spine-Health.

Your post is one of the few that really made me smile. I'm a necky, so I've not walked in your shoes yet (have some sciatica issues yet to be diagnosed), but I love your positive attitude and outlook, and your wonderful sense of humor. We really need that, don't we?

I'm also not a cat person, but when my puppy gives me kisses I relax more than any pill could.

That being said, I do understand chronic spine issues and so we indeed have something in common.

I wish I could teach my puppy to scratch my back the way he does so infrequently that it leaves me wanting more.

Take care and I think you'll find many friends here, me included.

• hi!! :H it is good to have you here!! :D cat licking is a new pain control method for sure!!! =)) stop by anytime! =D> Jenny :)
  • Welcome to the proverbial block, we've all done some laps and you won't find a finer group of people anywhere to offer support and encouragement.

Now for a block party! <:P <:P <:P

Keep the kitty therapy up, there's nothing like an animal (especially a family pet!) to dispense their own special healing!
  • Thanks for welcome....actually if you are a necky you can get some good therapy in your upper extremities by patting the dog!I
    I love dogs too. Except for my sisterinlaw's who ate my hearing aid!
    I too have neck issues. i purchased a stick with a 3 foot long thick string that i whip in front of the cat. the whip action is great exercise for my arms. the cat loves it!
    I understand some hospitals have special dogs that patients can play with.
    There are times i wish a big loveable st. bernard would bring me a hot cup of coffee so i can swallow my pills in style.
    Some people look at me who barely walks and say to themselves "he lives a dog's life". Well...a dog's life isn't that bad!!!
    Cath, have a great day......pete }:) }:) }:)
  • I LOVE Kitty cats! My two are as sweet as pie and try to make me feel better when I'm in the recliner with the heat pad. :)

Welcome to the board! Hope you at least find some immense sharing here. We all seem to be in the same darn club and it does help to write about things that are bothering you or make you feel good/bad/ugly. You know.

Your Dr. sounds like so many that folks write about and some that I've seen to. I hate that! They charge us so much, rape the insurance, and treat us like scum or cattle or fill in the blank. ARGH!

Please think about changing docs or at least getting another opinion on the current state of your back. Maybe you have arthritis or scar tissue or bone spurs now? Maybe you've injured something else? Maybe your fusions didn't fuse? or maybe you are like some of us that just hurt and there's not a real clinical explanation that the docs want to find. I get so tired of it too.

In the mean time, pet the cat, it's great therapy!

• My dog isn't a "licky" kind, so I have to be content by scratching her fur instead (she's stuck up but gets away with it b/c she's so cute). I agree that having a pet is good for us that have chronic pain. My husband brought our dog home specifically to keep me company. Anyway, it's nice to meet you and welcome to SH :H