Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here and need help!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
Hello, I am new here, I had rods put in my back for scoliosis and kyphosis anterior and posterior in 1996. September 2007 I started having very bad leg pain (bilateral) and had many tests taken to find out where it was coming from, MRI Mylogram, EMG, even a ct on my brain to see if it was MS. The pain was so bad that I lost my 2 jobs, and my husband.............he was a jerk and said he did not want to be a "house wife", I also have a 3year old son full-time and I eventually moved home March 2008, so my parents could help me with my son. With all of the above tests and pain treatment I have tried..........Epideral, Tens Unit, tons of physical therapy, accupuncture, massage, Lyrica, Amitriplynne, Vicodin...........you name it..........I eneded up with 30,000 in medical bills............and I have insurance.
So............to make a long story shorter.....I started seeing a chiropractor 3 times a week, and I take advil all day long and Suboxone for pain, because I got addicted to Vicodin, and it no longer gave me releif. The pain was managable for about 10 months......but now it is coming back full force again, and I am so scared since I have seen about 3 neuro's and 4 spine doctors, 3 pain management dr's........and no one can give me a diagnosis other than mechanicle problems.
I am now living in CO (fort Collins) and need to find a good doctor here............can anyone give me any ideas or advice? I am 30 years old and a single mom, and I am so scarred I am going to have to live like this forever.

• Wow...I'm so sorry! Your little one gives you much joy, I know. They're so adaptable to these things! The only thing I can think of is that something is going on with your hardware, but if the docs can't find it, maybe they need to do some exploratory surgery? It seems like you've had all of the non-invasive tests available. Careful with the advil...be sure to get your blood tested because its hard on the kidneys and the upper g.i. I don't know if any of us will be much help, I'm sorry. I certainly hope you find some answers soon...maybe you need to add an orthopedic doc to your list.
  • I know what going thru with you back i feel you pain , I hope they find out what's causing the pain
    i think may be the hardware .because my friend had similar case like you and when they remove the hardware he got better.just hang in there jessie
    keep me posted good luck
    focus in the future and forget the pass
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i hope you are able to find some type of pain relief soon!! :''( i am sorry you are in such pain!! ~X( having a little one makes it no easier!! please stop by anytime.. :D good luck and know we are here for you! >:D< Jenny :)
  • hi...i'm pete and kind of new to the forum. sorry you're having so much pain but you have joined up with a good group of fellow pain people.
    Are there any large hospitals near you?
    can you find a good primary care physician to start with?
    We are here to help. keep us posted }:) }:) }:)

ps i sent you personal message