Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ongoing issues-Help if U can

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted for awhile, but things have NOT been going real well over here.
I don't want to make this a extra long post so I'll sum it up with this:
I've had THREE surgergies in the past month (looks like one more coming soon) Had my3-level fusion (See sig) where they misplaced a rod. Second surgery was supposed to fix that, but they nicked my ureter. So the third surgery was from a urologist to insert a stent. Now I'm having problems with that too. My meds keep changing every week, I can't pee right, (that's what I'l probably have the next surgery for. they said I MIGHT need another kind of stent?)
Still having having back and leg pain.
Ortho tried Talwin NX for pain yesterday, but had severe side efffects after the first pill. (So now I've paid for that and can't use it. Now they are putting me on Lorcet 10/650 and Xanax.
I'm just getting so depressed with no end in sight to all of this. Money problems have really gotten the rest of my family in on the depression too. My next test is on June 1st. I have to have a IVP exam for the urologist to check on why my kidney isn't working right with the stent, which is going to be a whopping $250 co-pay!
Does this ever end?
Well, looks like this was a extra long post anyway, but thank you all out there for having the place to vent and ask those questions!

• Sorry to here about your surgeries. You got to be really tied of all of this. Hang in there, you are still recovering from the first surgery and dealing with multiple problems. You need to vent alot here. You may want to try some counseling if that works with your insurance. Not that there is something else wrong, just it helps to talk about all that you have at the moment. I have had two surguries in the last year. I had 11 herniated dis from the neck down. I just had the second one 5 days ago. Things are getting better, slowly. But you have alot. Be patient, don't get too panicky about it, try to stay calm. Practice some relaxation methods. The Dr's do good work, but sometimes it takes a little longer to get good results. Take care.
  • Kim. Looks like you've been a victim of a bit of bad luck. Hopefully your surgeries are almost over and you can concentrate on getting back to feeling great!

Hang in there!
  • I have been wondering about you and if you were better. You are in my prayers
  • Yow! My son-in-law had a stent in his uretor after a kidney stone incident. He called it "penis rape". Funny guy! I'm sorry you're having so many issues all at once, and being in the hospital is awful. They sure don't believe in letting patients rest, do they? You know you can vent all you want and need to here, and get some empathy, too! The stent thing will be okay...I know its terribly uncomfortable. Hang tough, Kim.
  • Thank you for all the kind words amd thoughts. It really does help.
    I'm going in for the IVP test tomorrow and am praying that things will be alright.
    Thank you EVERYBODY >:D<
  • Of course all kinds of complications can happen with surgeries, but did they discuss the ureter being cut as a possibility? You might try talking with the hospital's risk management department and ask if they will cover your copays for these future work ups and surgeries since this might be considered an unusual complication(don't know if they put it on your consent form.)

Also, if it is a not-for-profit hospital, they are required to give away so much monies of care every year to maintain their tax exempt status. You could ask to speak with patient accounts or a social worker at the hospital and based upon your income and dependents, you might qualify for a significant community care type of discount, even if you have health insurance.

As a last resort, if you have a 401K or 403B, you can borrow against them for medical expenses.

The most important thing of course is for you to get better, but if you have financial worries, it's hard to focus on healing. Good luck to you.