Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How long did you "Lurk"

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Chronic Pain
before going in and logging into spine health? And why did you Wait?
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    site, but never the patient forums. I was doing research into my thoracic problems and to see what could be done.
    It wasnt until around 2006 when Stephanie (Co-Founder of Spine-Health) put out an article about how Chronic Pain effects Sleep. I then signed up for the forums and have been here ever since.
    One of the best moves I made
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I was getting ready to leave town for a couple of days. I'm ready early, so hear goes.
    Time and years seam to get away from me but I think I stumbled onto the site in the old spine health while trying to take better control of my spine issues. And doing the research on my wife's computer.
    I have to admit I "lurked"for months before I logged in.
    Mostly because I was intimidated, I'm computer chalenged. lol, and I'm self educated and can't type or spell well.
    It seemed to me that this was a very well read, educated group of spineys. I was afraid I wouldn't fit.
    Maybe I do, maybe I don't.
    But I'm sure glad I joined! See you all in a couple of days.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • You fit in just fine!

I came across spine-health late august 06 and couldn't wait to log in and post my first message. I posted my question and couldn't believe the support I received, and I've been here ever since. So really no initial lurking. Some of the regulars at that time probably wish I had lurked so that I could learn how to use the forums, but I jumped in with both feet.I had never even read a message board, much less posted on one, so I really wasn't knowledgable on proper ettiquette here. So for sure there were members wishing I would just go away, but I soon got the hang of things.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I found SH right right after I had my fusion. I looked up "fusion" and it led me to this site. I WISH I had looked for and found this site beforehand! But I'm glad I found it when I did! I read for hours daily. SH is so informative and I felt like I found others that understood, knew this life, and connected. I decided it was time to join the wonderful group of caring people willing to share, compare, and understand each other, THANKS again!

• By the way, adorable baby pic Ron!

• I lurked about 2 weeks. I was researching about my back and everytime I was trying to find something out it, the search engine kept sending me to spine health. I noticed as I read the forums that this seemed like such a supportive environment. I decided to join to ask advice and couldnt believe how much people seemed to actually care about what I was going through. It was nice to have people to relate to. Now I visit this site daily to see what the fellow spineys are up to. :H And Jim, you fit in great! I really enjoy reading your posts because of your honesty.

Jackie =D>
  • I joined right after I was researching annular tear and found spinehealth. This has been a supportive forum for me especially the chat room at first when I went there. I usually just do the forums but have gone to chat occasionally also. I couldn't wait to join so that's my answer. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am enjoying reading the posts from everyone.

How I stumbled across Spine-Health, was when I was doing a search for weaning myself off of the TLSO brace. There is not much information on the internet regarding thoracic surgery, so when a link popped up regarding the TLSO brace and it led me to Spine-Health... I was like, "OMG, OMG... this is awesome!" I was getting so discouraged with finding no help online for my condition. I even tried finding support groups I could go to in person, but came up empty handed.

I joined Spine-Health, just as quick as my fingers could type, that very day. I have learned so much and absolutely love being a part of this place. :)

• i have never lurked. i googled sciatica pain and herniated disc and saw this site. i registered, then immediately wrote a post about continual pain after several fusions and if anybody had an idea of what to do. I received several positive suggestions and i have been a steady reader and poster ever since. hopefully my experiences with numerous procedures and surgeries have helped others i am also unafraid to post my opinions about certain subjects which most people post positive responses. as long as i feel i can help others, i will continue to read and post
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • while researching my neck and radicular pain, because the docs I had seen didn't know what was wrong. Once I had my MRI, and saw a neurosurgeon, who told me surgery would be the best solution as nothing else was working, I joined and started using the forum. Reading about a procedure can be very scary, but getting personal experiences and comfort from people who understand is wonderful and so comforting!! Thanks everyone, and Jim for bringing this topic forward!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    And I will admit they do provide a lot of good information ..... BUT one thing they do NOT provide is a MEMBER community like we have!
    When I read various posts, what makes me the happiest is when people talk about how much they enjoy being here. Thats like going back to 3rd grade and loving to be in a specific class!
    We are a team here, every one of us!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • i never did any "lurking." :H i posted right away and got such support and caring answers that i just started checking in each day and soon SH was on my "favorites." :D i appreciate each and every one of the great spineys we have here at SH. :D Jenny :)
This discussion has been closed.