Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

anxiety attacks

newhouse17nnewhouse17 Posts: 133
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Depression and Coping
Hello everyone,

I am 3 weeks out of anterior disc rep. and disc fusion at L4-L5 and L5-S1. Doing great as far as getting around the house and walking around the block for therapy. Yesterday I decided that I was going to go to church which runs around 45 minutes, they have very comfortable pews. The church is about 6 minutes away from my house and when we got to the church I felt very anxious. I have had panic attacks before when my mother died 9 years ago, but I thought that was all behind me. Why now? I mean I didn't have a full blown attack but enough for my husband to ask if I was ok. It lasted about 15 minutes and then I went on like nothing ever happened.I am very fortunate to have a wonderful husband that does everything without complaining. He is wonderful!!!He even does the dishes and the laundry!! So whats going on? Could it be because I am spending a lot of time alone? My friends all work and my kids are in school and play sports. My husband asked me why Im anxious and wants to help but I have no answer for him. Enyone out there experiencing the same thing?

May 2002
2 herniated disc with tears, spinal stenosis, DDD,major nerve damage in both legs.

Past Meds
Bextra, Motrin, Celebrex, Flexeril, Ralaphin,Tramidol, Naproxin,Steroid injections, nerve blocks, Physical therapy, Aqua Therapy, Ice and Heating pad

Current Meds
Vicadin, asprin,calcium,senicot, bone growth stimulator

• I wish I could help but haven't experienced that sort of thing (yet?).
    My first thought was maybe your feeling anxious that your not 'normal' anymore and don't know how others (or even yourself?) 'may deal' with your condition?

I remember 'way back' when i first became disabled and I thought "Oh boy, this is gonna be fun having to constantly tell people and employers about the 'new me'."

Dealing with the alteration of my behavior & abilities. Expecting to have to fight to convince people that although I physically look the same, i'm quite different now.

I went through that with my father-in-law after my first whiplash accident (not my fault btw...;>) and former fn' employers (especially temp agencies, may all of them be damned btw...;>).

Just remember your not alone and be strong. You have nothing to prove and if someone thinks yer foolin' just 'whip out' yer scars, give 'em a big smile and tell 'em to [COMMENT DELETED}...!!!
  • Could be a lot of things, I skirted a full blown attack for about an hour this afternoon. Very frustrating to know exactly what is going on and have to talk yourself back down. I am not a big fan of anxiety attacks. Been there, done that...

I seem to have the most trouble when stressed out, go figure, recovering from surgery yet and wondering just how far one will improve is doubtlessly a big factor. For both of us.

Heres hoping we both get past these!