Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Still in Pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi, I am back to see if anyone has failed diskectomy of L5-S1 that resulted in pain one day and tightness the next day. I have tried nerve blocks or epidurals 6 times; two different pain clinics and meds such as Ultram, Gabapentin, Zolpidem, and recently morphine. Nothing is helping to relieve the pain which worsens around 3PM-10PM. I have to take sleeping pill and muscle relaxers to get any sleep. The pain and tightness are both on the left side with the tightness painful from the butt thru the inside all the way up to my neck. It feels like being hung by a rope that tears the muscles. Only one of my doctors seem to believe this pain is real but all meds tried don't help much. After 13 years of I am about ready to try anything that will help!!!

• Even had another MRI to find out what was happening. Hurt so much that sometimes even deep breaths made me feel like I was breaking something in my back.

What the results for me were SPINAL TREMORS... I was having deep muscle spasms that would actually shake my spine. The MRI noted something like 150 tremors within a 35 minute MRI.

When my doctor told me Spinal Tremors I actually said something about no wonder it feels like an earthquake going on in my back. He laughed but said that was actually a fair statement.

I have to take some pretty powerful muscle relaxers that seem to have it somewhat under control.

Nope you are not crazy, and yep they hurt like heck.

Try heating pad low heat, and see if you can actually get a higher dose from time to time on the muscle relaxers.
This discussion has been closed.