Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

slowly becoming a criple

treadyttready Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi folks just thought id drop by and give you an update. well as you no if youve read my posts.im up for a fusion around august time. being english 4 month waiting list.well im slowly detereating i can hardly move any nmore without getting some sort of grinding sensation which hurts like hell. the other thing i get is a huge build up of presure in my back then without warning gives.which you can hear a loud cracking noise that can be heard by others.that gives me a split second pain as if some one was sticking a red hot knife into your spine.that happens about 25 times a day. im only 41 i dont even go out my house any more for fear of it giving way in the street. thats my fear now that it just totally gives way and i end up a crumpled pile of mush.i no theres nothing i can do until my op. pain meds dont even touch me any more so i have to just put up with it.theres other simptoms like pain in groin thats related i asked the doc pain in hips pain when i walk bend lye down sneeze thats a killer or cought if i do to much in a day and latley thats putting out the rubbish i car,nt move the next day. when i wake up i have to make tiny movments for a good ten 15 mins untill it frees up then i can get out of bed. then to top it all of you have people like my mother who say i no how you feel beacuse i pulled my back when i lifted the lawn mower funny.yeah like a pulled muscle is any thing like this NOT.or they always no some 1 whos had the op and they were worse than you.any way ill stop there as i could moan on and on lol. not after simpothy just having a moan as this condition gets you down down down.c u all latter tready

• Hi tredy,

That cracking really sounds like it hurts!!!I have suffered back pain for several years, that hot poker pain in back and radiates into the legs.I have such severe nerve damage in legs that I would literally fall down in public. Total embarresment!!! As for knowing how you feel, I to had to deal with comments from family and friends. After my surgery, my stomach and left leg from hip to knee was completly numb. My mother-in-law would always tell me that she never experienced that with her cesarian after the bith of her children. Hello, I didnt have a cesarian, I had major back surgery!!!!!Shut up already. Then she went on to tell others that I dont handly pain well.I was tought to respect my elders but after hearing this I just went off on her!!! Needless to say she hasen't spoken to me sense, but thats really not a bad thing (Ha, Ha). Everyone experiences pain differently, and no one know exactly how you feel. Good luck with the fusion and I hope it helps with that painful cracking.Ouch!!!

39 yr. old mother of 5 Children, 20,19,14,14,9
    Lumbar strains: 1995, 1997, 1998

Major injury: 2002, 2 herniated disc w/tears, DDD, Spinal Stenosis, Major nerve damage in both legs. Treatments included: Celebrex, Bextra, Ralaphin, Flexril, Naproxin, Motrin, Ultram, Steroid injections, Nerve Blocks, Physical Therapy, Aqua Therapy, specific exercise regimen, loss of 70 lbs.

Surgery: May 2009 ALIF of L5-S1 with titanium cage and 4 screws, no bone,Pro-Disc at L4-L5
    Current Meds: Vicadin 5mg/500, daily aspirin, calcium supplement, senicot, bone growth stimulator

• that you can move at all with your spine looking like that. I'd be afraid of permanent damage. It's too bad you have to wait as long as you do. I hope you can find some sort of relief. I remember those lightning bolts of pain -- they would take my breath away and then I simply could not move for several minutes afterwards. I didn't have the cracking though. That would unnerve me terribly. You're right - I have a feeling even many of us have no idea how much pain you are in, and we've done way more than wrenched our back with the lawn mower! Hopefully, after you have your surgery, this horrible time will be but a fading memory. Hang in there.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.