Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Who is PapaRon????

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Matters of the Heart
Ok, so thats me... But heck I am only 35 years old, how come I get the title Papa???
Well, maybe not 35, ok, not 45,,, I give in, not 55, but I havent hit 50 yet!

Honestly, I was first given that title by Miki... And I still love her to death for doing that.

Many members have picked up on that and I appreciate it...
But honestly, what warms me up the most and makes me feel so good inside and out are those that look beyond that name.
For them, I in some way represent what a Papa has been.
I only hope that for those members, I can do a half of what they had before. I am more than honored to be anyone's PapaRon. I just hope that I can always live up to that title.
My Dad passed away 9 years ago, he taught me so much.... I know what it is to have a Papa and I always want to feel that there is someone who will be there when the time is needed
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• >:D< I love the name given to you and I think it's fitting -- as you do what any good dad would do -- give us support and guidance and a firm hand when need be.

My dad passed away in 2006 from Alzheimer's and I miss him so much -- unconditional love and support and knowing that there would always be someone by my side when things got tough. Through this painful journey with sciatica, I've missed his wise counsel and even at 54, just wanted that person there who would make it all better!

Thanks for all you do to support each and every member who visits this site.

• and I agree with deltalady, very suiting!!! I've only been a member for 4 or 5 months, and always find myself looking for your posts. Full of wisdom, caring, passion and compassion, your words are just the ticket to get through some days, or shed light, or get me thinking about alternate venues to ask about at my next doctor's appointment (I don't like taking narcotics, and am always searching for something better to control my pain).
    I lost my dad to cancer when I was 18, and working/living in a "man's world" (the army) I have found that "father figure" needed in various places, situations or circumstances that I've been in, and I'm thinking you're it in Spine-Health, obviously not just for me, but for a lot of other people, whether you know it or not!!
    So thank you, don't ever change (except with your pain, for the good, of course), keep up with your good work, and I look forward to gaining more through your posts and advice and wisdom!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • OH! I thought it was JON and you made pizza....

My BAD =))
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    Its a little trick my son taught me. He picked this up when he was a cooking instructor in Tuscany, Lucca, Italy.
    Using a normal propane grill.
    Using pizza dough (no need to make your own) roll it out to about 18" inches long and about 6" inches wide.
    Get the grill hot.
    Put the pizza dough on the grill, do not grease or spray the grill.... Hardest thing is getting the dough all lined up on the grill
    Cook about 2 or 3 minutes flip it over and cook another 2 minutes. You will probably have to beat down the dough since it will bubble up.
    Take it off, bring it inside.
    Now the secrets.. Make anyone of your favorite toppings.

Could be as simply as sauce and cheese.
    One of our favorites is carmelized red onions and black olives so it becomes a paste.
    Whatever your pleasure, spread it on the pizza dough and pop into your normal oven at 350 for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the toppings melt and things are gooing and yummy

Serve with a light Sangiovese (san-jo-vay-zay) from Tuscany and you will forget all your Spinal problems. (well at least for a bit)

Dang, now I am hungry... but dinner is already set.

Fresh Mozzarella , Tomatoes and Basil with olive oil just brought in (or should say smuggled) from Italy Sopersatta and Prosciutto
    Italian bread with a hint of fresh rosemary and dipped into the same olive oil from above.
    Next, about a dozen Shallots marinated in red wine vinegar and red wine, then slowly simmered in a mixture that has caramelized sugar, butter, 1/2 cup of good aged Balsamic vinegar and any dessert wine (I used a German Auslese) Cook until just about reduced to syrup.

Then eat
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Can I order one to be delivered? My tummy's growling...

• trying to figure out what time I need to leave here to be at Rons for dinner! :?