Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dizziness after surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Has anyone experienced dizziness after cervical fusion? I have 2 disks removed from my neck in 2001. I had a 2nd surgery 9/2007 had one more disk removed, the old plate and screws removed and fused this time with bone from my hip and a shorter plate was put in with screws. I've never felt great after either surgery but, this time I'm getting dizzy alot this past year. My neck and shoulders hurt all the time. Can't bend my head down to read anything, I have to have it elevated to eye level. This can't be normal. Other than calling my surgeon, anyone have any suggestions or have gone though this one before??

• I had cervical surgery April, 2011 and have continued to have pain in neck, shoulders, back of head, pain,numbness, tingling in left arm, hand and fingers and severe spells of dizziness. I am alot worse than I was before the surgery and am wondering if a second surgery might be worth trying to help ease the symptoms.
  • First let me say welcome to spine-health. As far as having a additional surgery, what is the surgery for? Has your surgeon given you any ideas as to why your having these issues? Sometimes you can have adjacent disc disease or failure to fuse and additional surgery is warrant and can change the course of your recovery. Was your first surgery a fusion surgery or something else and what were the levels that were operated on? If you give us more information more will be able to relate and help with what your going through. I know myself I have had multiple surgeries, and yes they did help with the symptoms I was having. But the flip side is surgery is no magic pill to cure all, but sometimes can't be avoided and is used to stop progression of conditions.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. Please give us more information and there are many whom would be glad to help out.