Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back To Work 3 Months Post Surgery - Back Hurts..Need Help

lmacleanllmaclean Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had Posterior Interbody Lumbar Fusion on L5-S1 with decompression,a titanium cage, rods and screws on 2/27. The surgery went well and so is the recovery for the most part. I started physical therapy a month ago. I went back to work full time on Monday 6/15. I am an Accountant(Ford Motor Co) and I went back to 2 jobs. My Manager reduced a position while I was gone and I took it over. I also have all new staff with the new job, plus my other job and staff. Needless to say I am very busy and it is quite stressful. My issue is I can't get comfortable sitting and by noon (I go in around 7:30am), I am in pain. I do get up and walk around, but I am in pain until I go home (around 5:30pm). Any suggestions to make things more comfortable? Thanks.

• HI Linda,

I am now 6 months post-op and still have great difficulty sitting for any leangth of time. (I was in a back brace for 3 1/2 months, which did not help).
    The only saving grace has been sitting on a large exercise ball (75c). I have ordered a ball chair, so I will go to a smaller ball. The difference is tremendous and while still not perfect, it triples the amount of time I can sit. Give it a try and good luck!
  • I use a lumbar pillow & heat wraps where it hurts on your back. Take anti inflammatories to keep the inflammation down too. you can get the heat wraps at any pharmacy and they last 8 hours. every half hour i get up and walk 5 minutes too. :)
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.
  • I guess u can say i made the same mistake my 1st surgery was nov 06. and i also went back to work in 3 months now look at me totally screwed had a reconstructive surgery on Jan 09. woth 10 screws and rods in my back!!!
  • Claudia, what type of surgery did you have and what levels? Also thank you to the responses.