Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

When it rains.............

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Chronic Pain
Well, my neck pain is acting up. My elbow doesn't want to bend and my fingers on my left hand are numb/tingling. It's raining. That probably explains it. My lower back or butt pain is getting worse everyday. I can't sit much. I can't walk far without the pain going down the front of my legs and in my knees. Not below the knee. I have to stop and bend over with my hands on my knees and it'll ease up until I walk farther then do the same again. Does anyone else have pain like this? It doesn't sound like sciatica does it? I take the muscle relaxers and tramadol so often they don't even help as much as they did before. I guess I'm just whining to you all. Sorry. Like I said, rainy day. I hope you understand.

• Awww. Wish there was something I could do for you.

Maybe a soak in a nice hot/warm tub? My preference is the shower. I can never take just a quick shower. I'll stay in there til there's no more hot water!

I hope you feel better soon. Sun's gotta come out sometime!

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I had the hot shower. Can't sit or lie in the tub. I know I'm just feeling sorry for myself today. I also know that won't get me anywhere. You're right, the sun will shine soon. I just wish I could say my pain will go away soon but I don't think it's going to. Uh oh, there I go again.
    I hope you're having a good day. Thanks for the reply and for 'listening'. I don't want to complain to my husband when he comes home from work.

• when it rains = I feel suicidal

this world is for healthy people...
  • See my signature!
    Even with the SCS up and running it does not cover my back pain on a rainy day. Yesterday and this morning

Hope we feel better soon!
    Sorry you're having a bad day. I guess we can't expect the sun to shine all the time...still, I complain. The sun is shining today but I'm not feeling it. Ah well......
    Hope you feel better soon.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    Debbie,sorry to hear that you are really uncomfortable right now.
    Dealing with spinal problems, you sometimes never know where its going to hurt next.
    Yes, I agree what you are describing doesnt sound like sciatic.. especially since it stops at your knees.
    Could this be scar tissue related, could be muscluar, or like many said... the weather does play a big role in how we feel.
    Some people feel the strong negative effects of bad weather, while so many of us feel the emotional negative effects.
    Lets hope for some sun for a chance.
    Hopefully that will lift the spirits and take away some of your pain.
    Take Care....
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
    I've just been thinking...dangerous I know. Really though. If cervical spine problems can cause bowel and urinary problems, could it cause buttock/tailbone and leg pain also? Just trying to find a reason for this. Thanks for all the help.

• this world is for healthy people..not soo true...look into Genesis 2:21...God putting Adam into a deep sleep prior to extracting one of his ribs. God knew there would be a need for such deep sleeps or today's anaesthesia...for the unhealthy...take pride in your hangups because it makes you YOU #1 JKDE302!
  • sunny1966 yes i use to get a sharp pain in my buttox/leg when i had to Pee...
  • aspiringnavy said:
    this world is for healthy people..not soo true...look into Genesis 2:21...God putting Adam into a deep sleep prior to extracting one of his ribs. God knew there would be a need for such deep sleeps or today's anaesthesia...for the unhealthy...take pride in your hangups because it makes you YOU #1 JKDE302!
    I wish I felt that way....no pride in pain...but your optimism is nice...
  • Yes, cervical issues can affect anything, anywhere, anytime...it wants to - from the neck down. :(

• Start a new thread, I thought I'd go right ahead and use this one.

For the last 3-4 days I have been happily experiencing low pain levels and felt good for a change! Yay!

It has been moderate 70's and sunny here, yay again!

Yesterday I felt the knot start to grow in between my shoulder blades.

Last night I said to my wife, "the rain is coming" She says, "Can't be that it is not supposed to rain until Saturday"

Today the knot is a small boulder of pain, my shoulder is aching and so is the rest of my spine.

I'm thinking maybe it is time to move to the mojave.....
    I hope that the sun shines again for you soon! The sad part is that I always liked a rainy day...before...
    I keep going back in my mind to hearing older folks say that they could tell when it was going to rain and how I thought they were crazy...again, that was before.... :<
  • sorry for your pain hun ..have you been tested for thoracic outlet syndrome? and my advice to you is to try an acticare device {its like a tens but better }
    hope that you are feeling better soon
    Thank you very much. I hope that you're having a good day.

• Yea the warm weather has left me feeling better...
  • I agree, I am a walking weather predictor, just like the rest of us. I'm sorry for your pain. I have one thought/question. Have you ever had the veins in your legs checked? Your sx's sound like they MIGHT be caused by claudication, or pseudo-claudication. Blood not getting through to your lower legs, causing the pain. Stopping for a few minutes, the pain goes away, then comes back when you resume walking. My husband suffered from this. Sometimes we think all of our pain and sx's come from our spiine problems, we forget we can also have other problems :D Just a thought. What ever the cause, I hope you feel better when the sun resumes shining. Try google, and see if any of your sx's match.

This discussion has been closed.