Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm an idiot

Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Matters of the Heart
This morning I had my first phone interview since I was laid off in February.

I don't know who the person was that was talking during the interview, but it couldn't have been me. I sounded like a complete idiot - couldn't find the right words, shaky voice, stupid answers...I wouldn't even hire me!

"Who are you and what did you do with Cath?!?"

I'm an idiot...

• Look at it this way, you were not meant to have that job. You are not an idiot. Just laugh at your funny. Thank you for sharing with me, it reminded me of many of mine. I believe that beyond our control things step in & stop us from taking a path we are not meant to take. Just laugh it off, who knows, maybe the next interview you will bring it up, the person will laugh so hard, they will hire you right then. Good luck with everything. Don't worry about your speach, @ least you wer'nt a celeb falling down stairs & not being left alone about it. We all have our moments. Hope your health keeps improoving.& with it you speack lol. take care
  • there will be more pitches and you'll be ready and remember...no steroids!!! >:D<
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    Cathie, the last ting I would even try to classify you as is an Idiot! So far from the truth.. But, yes every once in a while, we seem to do things or say things that just doesnt really sum us up.
    But that generally is reserved for the male species. We always need a way to declare innocent, I didnt know, I wasnt aware, etc.
    Seriously Cathie, you are one of the smartest all together members we have out there. You always know the difference between wrong and right. Take that , consider that and you are and will be one of the trust, more honest, more understanding people I work with.
    An idiot for a moment? Yes, that happens to all of us,,,
    I just try as a man to keep that down to a minimum
    Cathie, you are one fine person, do not worry.

Times like this, I get sentimental about being PapaRon. To me, that name, or should I say title has a whole lot of responsibilities associated with it

You know what, I never give it a second thought. For good or bad, I act and react so much with my heart, I let the feelings and emotions take over...
    Cant say that I've been misguided by using that over all these years
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I agree, when stuff like that happens, it means that it was meant to be that way for a reason. Look at it, laugh at it and remind yourself to be on guard for future calls.

You are not an idiot.

• hi!! :H don't be so hard on yourself!! you may get a call back!! :D practice on "chat" abit if you feel you are not as competant as you would like to be in a person to person situation.. :D i don't do well on the phone at all either.. good luck and you will get that job soon!! =D> Jenny :)
  • Any of us that can say we never stuttered, blundered, or even just went silent during an interview, cast the first stone! (you won't even have a pebble thrown your way!) And besides, we are our strongest critic, you probably did fine!

In case anyone's interested, I found this to be quite educational: http://jobsearch.about.com/cs/interviews/a/aceinterview.htm
  • Hiya, Cath! Congrats on having an interview! That's awesome! I wouldn't be too hasty to write it off as a loss. If the interviewer has any experience, then she/he should be able to see through any nervousness (and associated mis-cues you may or may not have had) and get the information they need in regards to the position they're trying to fill. How often have you heard someone else say they've done the same thing? I imagine it happens more than you might realize. I agree with Paul, I've had interviews that I thought were real stinkers, only to receive a job offer in the end. If you don't get an offer, you obviously weren't supposed to have the job and haven't had enough time out on the links! :)

Keep your chin up! If nothing happens with this one, just remember that where's there's one interview there will be others!
  • Dear Cath,

No way... you are not an idiot.

You are smart, wise, full of knowledge, personable, very enjoyable, great at problem-solving... you will be an asset to whoever your new employer will be!

Don't fret over the phone interview. It probably went better than you think. If anything, consider it a trial run for more interviews to come. (That's if... you aren't offered this particular job you interviewed for!).

How has your pain been? Will you have an opportunity to work out of your home?

Best wishes to you on your job hunting.

Don't get stressed... k?

Much love,

Tammy >:D<
  • Yeah, I believe like you all - I can learn from this and if I'm meant to get this job then I will. Honestly, I'm really not ready for a job at this point because I'm getting a lumbar MRI on Thursday and see my surgeon for the results next Wednesday. I really don't want to add anything more to my plate right now.

I'm also raising a little puppy and if it weren't for him, I'd probably just sit in my recliner most of the day. He keeps me hopping.

Thanks again to all of you, my friends. I know everyone has felt this way at one time or another. I just hope that the gal that interviewed me wasn't in a bar somewhere last night, having cocktails and telling all her friends about the crackpot she interviewed. :-)

• I want to let you know that if the person interviewing you really knew you, they would know the Cath that knows how to express herself and write great posts, not verbally challenged in any way to say the least! She would know what a wonderful person you are and that you were probably nervous....afterall, your plate has been full and just to think about a job with all you have been through is enough to make anyone nervous for an interview! I also agree that you probably did much better than you give yourself credit for. Que sera, que sera, what will be, will be...chalk it up to a trial run for the next interview if you don't get the job.

Good luck with the MRI and the results! I'm glad you have your puppy to keep you hoppin'!

• Hey don't worry about...
    i once had an interview,in person,and as I was leaving the room a pair of panties fell out of the leg of my jeans...got dressed too fast I guess.Talk about embarrassing,I had to pick them up...I got the job...So don't worry about it...Sagehen
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    You're human. I think they should call and set an appointment time to call for phone interview! There are times I can't finish a sentence for the life of me!! Much less one that makes sense. That's not because we're idiots...it's because uh...I forget what it was. :/ #o

How's your baby doing?

• Thank you.

Kathy, those were the kindest words - I don't even know what to say except thank you and here's a big hug!

Sagehen, I just laughed my butt off! Underwear? LOLOLOL And you got the job...there might be hope for me after all! I have had dryer sheets fall out of my slacks before, but not underwear. That takes the cake!

Debbie, sad thing is she did call me on Friday and set the appointment for Monday. :-/ I guess that's what made it worse for me. I have those days when I can't say what I mean for the life of me (Monday) and other days when I sound like a genius. LOL (jk)
    Oh, and my little Wally's doing great. He's behaving himself much better now that he's been in training. Thanks for asking.

Thanks again my friends. I love this place and it's nice to know that you can always get support, understanding and kind words from our SH family.