Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Its Summertime! Time for Fun and a new breath of air

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,877
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Good News
Wintertime I am akin to a hibernating bear
Springtime, I wake up and start to move this old body around and get it ready.
Summertime, I am set..... Picnics, Parties, BBQs and of course going out on our boat.

Not only do these physical activities make me so happy, emotionally they lift me up. Even my pain levels which are pretty much the same day in and day out dont bother me as much. I tend (or try ) to just shrug it off.

How do YOU find Summertime?
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I spend a great deal of time outdoors in summer. In winter I hibernate also.

I like to go out very early in the mornings and drink my coffee listening to the birds sing. I spend a lot of time working in the yard and in my flower gardens and vegetable garden. I really hurt and have to take extra pain meds just to be able to stand it but it's something I love doing. It's my therapy...mental and physical I'd say.

• I love driving with the windows down, and music on! It's really uplifting.
  • six years ago I was on a wakeboard behind our boat on the Colorado River for our summer weekends. I love the river so much. I'm 56yrs old now it takes everything I have to stand up at work but I love my customers. That kinda replaces the wakeboard now I guess.
  • Summertime means a slower pace, my collection of flip flops, less clothing, gardening, rainstorms every afternoon, getting used too how hot the inside of my car is when I first get in, getting used to having awful hair days due to the constant humidity (can you say ponytail?), more cooling salads to eat, getting some sun on my lilly white body, smell of suntan lotions and hopefully, some needed beach time.

• Longer days to spend more time with family and friends!

Most of my friends are teachers/school employees and/or parents so they are busy in the fast lane of life during the school year so we get to enjoy extra time together during the long, lazy summer days. Since my life changed I still look forward to school breaks! LOL!

Extra highlights will be our son coming to visit in August if he gets leave, maybe a trip to the beach if I can get there, and visits from out of town family/friends and taking time to enjoy our new patio and chaise lounge!

Enjoy the lazy days of summer any way that makes you happy!

• Ahhhh, summer!!! :X living next to the beach makes summer extra special. already the girls are out in their little suits getting tan, the bike path is full, guys and gals are playing volleyball!! it is so nice!! :D Sirius and i walk down by the bay several times a day when i can and i lay in my back yard and get the breezes of summer and the sunshine!!! <:P i love to take a cool shower after being out in the sun!! :D Ahhhhh !!!! :X Jenny :)