Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

7 months post op

cliffy1012ccliffy1012 Posts: 92
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Good News
i sit here 7 month post op. i look back to the day i was diagnosed with ddd, stenosis, bone spurs, and severe cord compression from c4-c6. (which was only 11 months ago) i thought great what do i do now! i will need to find other work , being a mailman with this problem will not work. Then i started to run into people daily before surgery who had the same procedure done. out of about 30 people i met said surgery and recovery was rough , but they still live a normal life. the few that didn't do good usually had done something stupid like going back as a nurse and catch a 150 lb patient from falling while still recovering, or getting into an accident.so i used what these people said to me to motivate my recovery. they said they would have good days and bad days for the first year. Ive had the same so far. my bad days aren't as rough as they were before surgery. mild aches and pains now!( just enough to say take it easy today).my customers see me on the street today and ask how come im so chipper and happy all the time compared to the past.( i was a pretty grumpy and moody mailman) When i tell them what i had done they are surprised im back to work full time or dont believe i had surgery!
i guess im just thankful i caught my problem in time! sooner would have been better! today i take things slower and i do it one day at a time. i look back and think if i never went to the doctor where i would be today! i look at life a little different today and don't take it for granted!
so for you neckies there is good outcome to all this as long as you take the good with the bad! Never give up and keep pushing forward!!!

As for my meds i haven't taken any nsaids since before surgery or my vicadin since 1 week after surgery!!

• I was on pain meds for 5 weeks. When did you go back to work and start feeling better? I too have good days and bad days now. I can deal with it.
  • So great to hear of a successful surgery story Cliffy. I so agree with you, pacing ourselves is the name of the game after cervical surgery. When I forget that, I pay the price.

Stay in touch!

• well i started running a couple weeks ago! just a mile for now. getting ready to do soccer reffing so figured i would start running a little. had a physical fitness test last week. ran 6 laps on track in 12 min,ran a 7.2 sec in the 50 meters. not bad after surgery!! im feeling great! i run at least 3 times a week now along with my other workout routines. havent been in this good shape in 20 yrs. amazing what can be done when not in pain. well gotta get ready for work!!
  • I am sooooo HAPPY to hear more about your success story!! I hope you don't mind, but I use your success story to inspire lots of newbies. I just love how well you have done. It is great to see you posting and coming into chat once in a while. We miss you. It is wonderful to hear that you are getting into even better shape! Will we even recognize your new pics? LOL I hope that all is going well for you and your whole family. Keep in touch !! Send a PM anytime!

glo :)
  • im still at my job lugging the bag around. due to hip problems i decided to retire from soccer reffing. besides it doesnt pay the big bills. also due to calcium deposits in my shoulder i dont lift as much in the gym. otherwise still doing great!!just taking it easy when needed. got into metal detecting and photography. less exersion on the body than the reffing. well gotta run be on again another time.
  • cliffy dude'' whazzzzup? Long time no see' in this case long time no read.We been saving your seat in chat but you never show up lol' Glad all is going well for you. I wish everyone would have such good results as you did. But sadly we all have diferent results with surgery and there are as many bad as there is good. keep up the good work and dont go postal' Alex
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,