Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Comp doctor approval of surgery...

HeidiLynnMHHeidiLynnM Posts: 445
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello everyone >:D< >:D< >:D< . I went to see a neuro for work comp for a 2nd opinion for the surgery, and he said that it is a go ahead. It is so strange now though. People are now questioning me if I really want to go through with it. It makes me question myself. :SS .
I am so afraid as many of you were/are that surgery will just make you worse. I want to just be able to feel better, like everyone else does. I am scared to death!!!! The last few nights have been very horrible for pain for me at night. I thought I was going to scream, was being stubborn not wanting to take pain meds ~X( .
I do take tramadol every day, 300 mg, but sometimes that isn't enough. I just hate to take the other pain meds that I have because they either make me feel drunk or sick :? . We have tried many different meds and I am very sensative to meds. I just can't win sometimes!
Well, I just wanted to let you all know that now I will be waiting on the surgeon to meet with me again. This is just a long long road that will never end?!

• People are great at making others question themselves! I don't think it's always their intention, but the first thing people say when someone says they are doing something major is something like "are you SURE you want to DO that?". =)) (My own doctors convinced me my pain wasn't real, that it was hyperalgesia. What I have come to find out is that it wasn't being treated with the right meds.)

But if you've got a handle on your body, and you've undoubtedly done your research, then you know what's right for you, and you hopefully trust your doctors to do what's best: you just need to keep reminding yourself of those facts.

I wish you the best!!! >:D<
  • I was a certified nurses aide and hurt my back in 2002 that left me with two herniated discs w/tears,DDD, spinal stenosis and major nerve damage in both legs. They suggested surgery in 2002 but I flat out refused and wanted to try conservative treatments first. I now wish I had the surgery back then. I bent over last year to pick up a toy and my life came to a screeching halt. I was referred to a NS and he said that because I waited, I had significant nerve damage and was looking at being in a wheelchair within the next 5 years if I didn't have the surgery soon. Everyone told me not to do it because they had heard some horror story about back surgery. What can be worse than being in a wheelchair?? Before the surgery I wasn’t able to go to the store or even walk to the mailbox without fear of falling down. I once fell down in the grocery store and embarrassed myself and my children!!! For me, the benefits outweighed the risks. It’s ok to ask others opinions but you have to do what you feel is right for you. I am almost 7 weeks out of surgery and I’m doing great. I walk almost 2 miles a day and have minimal pain, something I haven’t been able to do in over 2 years. Good luck!!!