Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

come laugh at/with me...;>)

Jim_LJJim_L Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Depression and Coping
probably at...;>)

Well, the nightmare is over - unless you watch the video, then for you, it's just beginning...

um, sorry....;>)

Ye gods, I'm an old ugly sonovagun ain't i?
Pale, bloated, beady eyed, looks like I left my dentures beside the bed (funny, I still have all my original teeth... must be the lighting...).
I sure don't look like that in the mirror *cough*....

Notice how i'm NOT leaping around the stage (it was just a superimposed pic anyways). Yes, the chairs were painful to sit in as well as the 45 minute drive to my brothers house.

The 2 pics below are me in his cellar and then, with my beautiful long (ie: graying & balding) hair cut in his living room. I'm 10 pounds lighter and the back of my neck is now always cold...;>)

I also discovered ears, I had forgot all about them!
I don't have an excuse anymore to keep saying "What? What?" to my wife when she asks me stuff...

All I can think of watching me sing, is the old 'Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp'... just the lower jaw bouncing mindlessly up & down.... hard to believe those dulcet tones are coming outta that face...;>)

• Until I read the comment, I kept trying to figure out which was you... D'OY!

The only thing.... seeing the middle you holding that guitar.... I kept waiting for the gratuitous guitar solo!

Beautiful song, Jim!

• my brother told me I looked stupid sitting there empty handed and told me to hold his guitar...

i'm still waiting to see the difference!
  • I kept thinking of Kenny Rogers' "Music Man" song. I don't know why...

I love a good acustic guitar. I played when I was younger; Stairway to Heaven, a little bit Styx, some Kansas... Funny considering a "nun" taught me and I had my start of playing in front a live audience during Mass 3 times a week! I even had a 12-string Alvarez.

Now I have my oldest brother's Epiphone 6-string acoustic. He died in 1977, and the guitar was kind of old even then!

Oh, I also have a Genuine Copy of a Stradevarius violin dated 1837 I think. Maybe a year or 2 after Strad died.... I think the violin is worth $200 maybe, but the bow and rosin could be worth more.

It was my dad's. He did some plumbing work for someone and that person could not pay him in cash. So he offered him a .45 or the violin. He chose the fiddle on the off chance one of his kids could learn to play it...

Keep up the fun work Jim!

• What exactly is a genuine copy...?
    I AM confused!
    Good choice on the violin over the gun!
    A gun can only hurt once but bad music hurts FOREVER!!!

um, sorry, must be the meds...;>)

Here's a funny story that happened today (well, I thinks it's funny, my wife won't when she gets home from work).

We got a safety recall notice from Kia about the wifes Optima. It seems the sub-frame that holds the engine in the car has been known to rust out. I called and made an appointment for this past Monday.

My wife absolutely hates my PT Cruiser so she had to drive it to work Monday morning as we dropped her car off Sunday night.

I picked the Optima up Monday afternoon (my daughter drove me) and they said there's 4 rubber plugs to fill drainage holes that won't be in stock until Wednesday (wife wasn't happy!).

So I made another appointment for this afternoon (Thursday) at 1pm (wife had to drive my car to work again).

So in order to make the appointment, I haven't taken any pain meds today as they make me drowsy and i wind up taking a nap. I go to the appointment, they take the car in, I wait 30 minutes (it should only take about 15 they said) and then they tell me the rubber parts never came in and they'll have to call me when they do (the wife won't be at all happy when she hears she has yet to drive my car again!).

To top it off, the roach coach (lunch truck) pulls into the bay blocking the tech as he was going to pull the car out (there's one entrance & exit to that section of the building).

So, being the nice sap that I am, I dilligently waited for the worker bees to buy thier lunchs, then the car came out and i drove back home. Almost an hour to NOT put in 4 rubber plugs that should have come with the sub-frame to begin with!

But what's even WORSE, even worse than that...

I didn't win the lottery AGAIN!

What's up with that???

Well, I'm back home curled up with my oxy...;>)
    So if your in Manchester NH, don't go to Bonneville & Sons Kia dealership unless you have the time and a good magazine...;>)

See, I TOLD you it was going to be funny!!!
    BWAHA *cough* HAHAHA *burp* HAHAHA *wetfart* haha, uh, haha, ha... oh forget it!

• I can tell you why your wife hates driving the PT cruiser, but if I do it on the forum I'll get banned for life....It's an old joke...bout Pt cruisers...

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) 8}

You had to be there I guess :))(
  • It's ok, tell the joke, just leave out the vowels...;>)
  • Hi Jim-Love the music vid. and the haircut looks very styly-takes years off you!!!Your wife must be impressed with the new you. I must thank you for sharing your music, I decided 4 weeks ago to stop all the excess narcotics I was on and during the process felt really terrible. The web-site was my lifeline and if I saw your postings I knew there would be your unique humour involved.My kids have said that music would be a good form of therapy so am thinking about getting back into the guitar again-maybe??? Thanks for sharing your wicked sense of humour, it's awesome
    Hugs n' Loves - Paula
  • yes, I am wicked...
    I just wish I could figure out how to unlock the chain from my ankle...;>)
    Make it hard to get to the bathroom sometimes, especially when the cats get in the ways...

The tangles of cat tails & chain are an absolute MESS to get straightened out!
    One day when I managed to finally (and successfully) trip onto the WC (not headfirst which happens sometimes too) I accidentally grabbed a spare cat that was still tangled in my chain...

I thought to myself, "Hmm, this 2 ply is really soft today..."

Good thing my cats are declawed!
    And self cleaning... *grin*

So yes, very wicked... *evil grin*

As for picking up the guitar again, I highly recommend it! Or even get a decent 48 key $ynth...
    Let me know.
  • jim...i enjoyed your music but since this is a web site for back pain i also want you to know your posture while sitting was perfect. you'll be sure to improve your pain in that position. keep it up
  • Yes Pete, it was an experience, tho' i did slouch a bit!
    My brother originally asked me if I was going to stand up and have a mic stand in front, I just looked at him...

I'd also like to take this moment to say YOU'RE my favorite Monkee too!

When you have some time, tell me (PM) how your T1/2 fusion went. Through the back? Recovery time? Have you posted this elsewhere so's I can read...?