Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

God bless Charry!

TTLCTTTLC Posts: 876
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Pain Medications
Hello everyone... :H

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I decided this forum might be the best place... as it does pertain to my medication.

For the past several months, I have been using the disposable heating wraps on a daily basis for the constant muscle pain in my back, neck, abdominal area, knees, feet and arms.

A couple of weeks ago, Charry recommended purchasing an infrared heating pad that she uses. When I went to my Neurosurgeon and PM appointments, I needed to get their "okay" to use one of these prior to purchase... due to my hardware. Both doctors gave me the go ahead, so I ordered one online.

My infrared heating pad arrived yesterday afternoon, and I started using it right away. The relief... is absolutely incredible. You can use it up to 4 times a day for all affected areas, but you can't fall asleep with it on.

I finished my last heating treatment at 9:30 last night, fell right to sleep and I didn't wake up until 6:30am.

My daily dose of oxycontin is 60mg, three times a day. On my good days, I can go 12 hours versus every 8 hours with the oxycontin and I have told my doctors this. I am nowhere near the point of weaning off any of my meds (according to my doctors), but if I can go without them for a few extra hours... I have their okay to do so.

I still can't believe this, but I went a total of 16 hours WITHOUT taking any oxycontin or percocet. This was not intentional, by any means... my muscles were just so relaxed and pain free. The last dose of oxycontin I took was at 2:30pm yesterday. I honestly didn't feel the need to take it when I woke up at 6:30 this morning... but, because of the high dose I am on and going 16 hours without it... I did take the oxycontin as soon as I woke up.

I thank Charry, so very much, for sharing her use of this infrared heating pad. My PM doctor had not heard of this particular pad, so I am going to bring it in on my next visit. Others could very well benefit from this heating pad, too!

If Spine Health didn't exist, chances are Charry wouldn't have been brought into my life. I am so grateful to have found this site!

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Tammy :)

• Tammy, I'm so glad you've found just what you needed to help you handle your pain. I know you've been going through a lot and it's about time you got a break.

Charry definitely has a lot of words of wisdom and she'll be glad to know that she was able to help you.

Yay for our fellow spineys!
  • That is wonderful news and thanks for sharing this with us. And I'm so glad that you found something that gives you better relief. Yes, Charry is always here ready to support, encourage, and help us all out. Hooray <:P
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,841
    When I read your post, I was so happy for you. Something that is really working for you. That is GREAT!
    It is so reassuring that Spine-Health has so many members like Charry who unselfishly go out and try to help other members.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I am so happy that the infared heating pad worked so well for you!!! Hope it continues. Charry is great!!! She shares so much information from her own experiences. Not to mention her words of encouragement and support.
  • Glad you are getting some much needed relief.
  • I hope others can try the infrared platinum heating pad too if they've tried everything else that hasn't worked. It was a good investment and I'm glad it's helped you also. :) God bless. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • TTLC, HURRAY! <:P you found somthing to work for your pain!! :D good for you! and Charry thanks for the heads up.. :D this shows what SH is all about!! :X L, Jenny :)
  • Hi again... :H

Thanks so much for the really nice posts. I absolutely could not wait to share the great results with you guys! Mike (my hubby) right away asked me, "Did you let everyone know at Spine-Health? You've gotta let them know!"

He's become just as involved with everyone on here, as I am. He knows you all by name, always wants to know if there is anything new going on, etc. Spine-Health has not only helped me, but it has helped him as well. As I have said so many times, Spine-Health is a big part of my recovery and it even extends itself to my family and friends. I have given Spine-Health's link to my co-workers and friends. There are some days I'm in too much pain to talk, so if they come here... they can surf around and see what I've been up to. I will sometimes get E-mails from them asking, "Did you see the post about so-and-so? Wow, I never knew there were so many suffering people out there."

By spreading the word about Spine-Health to others, nothing but good can come from it. My life was changed in a matter of seconds from my fall and (God forbid) who knows if this may happen to someone else, or their family member or friend. You know?

Yesterday, I spent a lot of my day experimenting with the infrared platinum heating pad. You can wrap it around your knees and all different places. Yesterday was a falling barometric pressure day and my pad got me through with very little medication. Last night, was the same as the night before. I slept through my third dose of oxycontin and went 14 hours without it.

I am excited, happy and in a little bit of disbelief! Most of all, I am GRATEFUL... I can't put into words how grateful I am to have this relief.

Thanks again everyone. You all are awesome and loved bunches!

Tammy >:D<
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,841
    Everytime I hear that side, Law and Order always comes to mind. That is about the only TV show I watch. The best are when they have Law and Order marathons.... back to back to back to back episodes.

Oh, and did I mention, that Chris Meloni (Elliot)lives nearby and we had to help him, his mother and family get their boat tied up one summer day on the lake!
    We acted non-chalant never asking his name, just talking to him as anyone else would. Meanwhile, my daughter had her phone with her and was taking photos of him but not so he could see.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • It's so great that you found something that works!!! I just did as well, and doesn't it just feel the difference between night and day? I'm so happy for you! <:P =D> :D

I do have a question though, what's the difference between this heating pad and others? :? Do you know what makes it work so well? Thanks!
  • Hi Papa Ron and Greetings to you Kat! :H

That story about Elliot is great... lol! I love it! Did your daughter print out the pictures... I hope? Wouldn't it be great to be on the boat right now? What fun.

I remember when I was at a dinner years ago with Alice Cooper. I did the same thing as you did.. talked to him as if he put his panties on the same way I do every day. He actually was so down-to-earth, that I forgot he was a celebrity. I have pictures somewhere when we had dinner with Richard Petty (The King of NASCAR). Richard was like talking to an uncle, but I honestly felt weak in the knees when I spoke with him. Probably, because he's Kyle Petty's daddy. (I've always had a thing for Kyle... lol). Nicest smiles, those guys have!

Any hoo!

Ms. Kat... the magic of the platinum infrared pad is that Papa Ron blesses it, before you get it? I don't know how he does it, but wow wee... it's something else!

In all honesty, the heat penetrates deeper into the muscles versus the regular heating pads. 2 and 1/4 inches deep into the muscles, if I remember correctly. If you PM me, I will give you the brand name of it and you can look it up online. It's fabulous... and came highly recommended from our own celebrity, Charry!

Good to see your name back on here.

Take care and best to all!

Tammy ;)
  • If you have any hardware in you ask before using one of these! I do believe they are a no-no for us SCS people. Don't want to fry the electronics now do we!

• I've seen many celebrities working as an ER and floor Nurse before as they always filmed around the hospital. Being sworn to secrecy though I could never say who I met. My coworker said she had Wesley Snipes there one night I wasn't there ohh I would've love to have met him. I just wish some of them would've donated something to the hospital though. I wouldn't know that info though maybe they did! Again the platinum infrared heating pad goes up to 2-1/2 inches into your muscles compared to 1/4-1/2 inch of a regular heating pad. But yes indeed the power could come from Papa Ron due to his time spent with the King on the island. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN