Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sweetpotatoe57SSweetpotatoe57 Posts: 97
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am done with all my PT, and wondered what the thoughts are on chiroprators, not for manipulation, just for exercise and rehab? I am having SI joint issues after my L5 S1 lami, and still can't sit for more than 20 to 30 minutes. I know my muscles are still so tight, but the PT just focused on a couple of muscle groups, and I don't have all my muscles worked out yet, and I wonder if that could be hindering my sitting, so any thoughts on going to a chiroprator? sweetpotatoe57

• I think the chiropractor may have had at least SOMETHING to do with the sad shape my spine is in.

LOTS of people swear by them (my father in law included). I would run that by your treating physician to see what he thinks.

I had asked my pain management doctor about accupuncture. She was neither for or against. She said for some people it works; others not so much. Just depends on the individual.

I am sure there are people on this forum who will chime in with their experiences. Hopefully you'll find the answer you seek!

Good luck either way.

• My PT has me doing multiple exercises.

Or can you talk to your current one to address other areas? Just recently I started having sore knees from squatting and she gave me tips to avoid hurting my knees until I can strength my legs
  • My PT script had run out, and after 12 weeks my insurance won't cover any more, so I did get a open ended script today, and will go somewhere different. It will be out of my pocket to pay for it, and I do get coverage for a chiropractor, that was why I wondered. I get 25 visits per year. I got tired of asking them to address the different muscle imbalances, and now I still can't sit, and the PT tells me, that it is muscle related!! When I showed them where the pain was, they just kept me doing the same old things. I branched out on my own!! Tried different things, and if it hurt I stopped. I was going to have the chiropractor just look at my SI joint, and muscles, just for some new eyes, but will not let him touch me!! What are your thoughts on this Lovinggardener?
  • a good chiropractor knows the back muscles. =D> the exercises he gives you should have some merit. he could set you up with a good routine that you could do at home. it might be a good idea to compare exercises shown on this web site to exercises the chiro provides... ;)
    TALKING ABOUT CHIROS a canadian study recently stated that 25% of all strokes in canada may have been caused by vigorous manipulation of the neck that disturbed arteries in the neck. :S
    best of luck in you rehab
  • Thanks Pete,

I agree, and will check out the site to compare the exercises. I need fresh eyes! I can deal with alot, but when you can't sit, as alot of spiney's know, life really sucks big time. You just really don't have a good quality of life. YOU NEED TO SIT!!
    But, I guess I will have to deal with whatever I am left with. sweetpotatoe57
  • can do TENS and I guess work on muscles but a Chiropractor wouldn't touch me and I just came in for the TENS and some mild excercises after which the PT said I shouldn't be doing contraction excercises that could be worse for me but then again the PM Dr. told me traction was a form of torture in the middle ages so that was my 1st PM and I'm seeing someone else now. I think I'm against the one that cracked my neck without telling me and ended up with torticollis for 9 months ad couldn't work as an RN taking valium. There is a good chiropractor on youtube that shows some basic sciatica vs piriformis muscle stretches that was helpful to me. He sounded more knowledgeable then most Drs I've seen. What about water excercise? Good luck. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN