Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Oh are you serious

natural scientistnnatural scientist Posts: 68
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Lower Back Pain
Guess what? 9 months post fusion, after just weaning of the tramadol and accepting that nerve damage exists meaning a life of a numb foot/butt cheek and funny pain is going to be ok to have and feeling really positive about everything......THEN

I fainted last night and while falling, pulled my right upper trap, banged my head on the kitchen cupboards and wall......AND FRACTURED MY COCCYX

Oh man right back to square one, cant walk, cant squeeze my pelvic floor muscles, really scared to have a bowel motion and I think a shag is totally out of the question......."for how long" I asked the DR, he didnt want to say....just a long time......which he then followed up with oh just a few weeks.

Anyone here had this fracture, I feel like there is a finger painfully tickling my rectum......wierd.

It has also made the nerve pain and butt pain worse.

best of health everyone ♥80)♥

• wow! why did you faint ? I havent fractured anything in my life. sorry and i hope you heal quickly hun. Hang in there. :)
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.
  • I had a couple of drinks to celebrate finishing my 11000 word research proposal, in the middle of the night I needed to have a drink of water and got up quickly to go to the kitchen (its like in the negative degrees here at the moment and we have a hard wood floor......anyway felt woossy after starting to drink the water but was desperste to finish and get back to bed........then I woke up on the floor...ha ha started counting and moving my bodyparts, then wondered it i had fallen asleep there and felt the blood ruching back into my brain......was speachless for a good 40 sec. Strange goings on and a bump in the night. Low blood pressure? I am a vegeterian and sometimes get postural hypotension.

Thanks for asking
  • Hi,

Sorry about your fainting spell. I hope you feel better soon and have a quick recovery. Thinking of you and you are in my prayers.

• Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. Hope the effects are not longlasting!

Don't know if this counts, but I'm fairly certain I broke my tailbone when I was a child of 12 or so. Was rollerskating on the sidewalk and came to a hopscotch pattern which I brilliantly tried to jump. Came straight down on my tailbone and thought I was going to pass out. Had pain and trouble walking for months afterwards but never told my parents so never got xrayed. Didn't want anybody to know I was stupid enough to try to jump on rollerskates! Have wondered over the years if that injury wasn't the start of my back troubles...that, and the brick that fell on the top of my head and knocked me out when I was about 5. #o

Wishing you well. :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • I was admitted to hospital last monday due to numbness in the rear end and down the legs, but thank fully the MRI and xrays are not indicative of CES. They are wondering if there is some stenosis going on with movement and as imaging is static you cannot get a real vision of this. So I did a flexion and extension xray.....How painful is that and that.

Any way they are happy with that. I am out on "weekend leave" from the hospital but the DR is going to ring today to get my symptoms again and history.......they are confused, I am not.....I feel it is just inflammnation and a bit bruised from the fall, the severity of the nerve sx has reduced to my worse leg and just the other foot. Still have a numb feeling in rectum and right butt cheek.
    But increasing pain in low back now.

It is so hard to describe the feelings and pains to the DR when they change everyday due to positions and activity and dependant on the level of pain meds taken......

Anyway if anyone shares the same experiences then I would love to know. I am also interested in spinal stanosis stories especially if the sx are intermitted. AND I love all the positive messages posted........Thank you everyone 80)

• I don't really have any good advice or anything like that to offer you, just wanted to chime in and say, "That Sucks!!!!!"

It is hard to describe symptoms when they come and go and sometimes seem to have no rhyme or reason. I always have a hard time filling out those pain level rating sheets-do they want to know right now? Do they want to know on average? Do they want to know if what my numbers are if I've taken a bunch of meds? And how do you describe to your doc that one day you can go the grocery story and have "grown up time" one night but be out for a couple of days after because of it?

Anyway, just wanted to say I feel for you!

• Wow. Scary. So you fell straight down on your rear or was it a sideways falling kind of movement?
    Are you iceing the area?

Falling on my rear is my greatest fear.

(hey that rhymes! woo hoo! :banana: LOL)

On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • I don't really know Paul but my butt is a little sorer to touch on the righter (lol) side and my right brain and shoulder hit the wall and cupboard.
    But the numb rectal pain is very central.......
    Its so un-appealing to ice as it is so cold here in the middle of our winter. Dumb I feel because I know ice is the best treatment.

Please dont fear the fall because I have done that and this is actually my second big fall. Another was tripping over roadworks walking home from a night on the town about 4 months ago (the first time I had had a couple of drinks after the op. Everytime I get in the shower I worry because thats when I notice the numb bottom of foot most.

Thanks Angie 8-)

Cheers guys
  • I broke my tailbone when I was 18 and I still have pain from it- especially when it rains or bad weather.

I've had massage therapists and PT folks tell me my tailbone did not heal in the correct spot and they believe this caused further issues with my spine, one believing this led to my herniation at L5-S1.

I'll never know. Also, I fainted Feb. 1 of 2008 and that started some MAJOR pain with my body. I had a spinal compression fracture and that is it's own kind of pain. The compression fractures don't show up right away, so keep an ear open to that possibility if you experience continued pain and nothing can be found.

Fainting is just NOT what we need to be doing, huh!! (I had gotten up to go to the bathroom, feeling horrible but thinking I was fine. Hubby woke up to the sound of my crashing into the bathroom wall - narrow bathroom. Turned out I had both strains of the flu at the same time - and was admitted to the hospital! lol)

Not fun!

Take care,

• when I was been trained by an Osteopath they too said the activities of the tail bone do influence the L5/S1 disc. We were taught to release the tail bone and old sacral fractures. I was the only one in the class to have had an old sacral fracture(was always falling out of trees as a kid) but usually in a room of 50 there could be 7 people in need of treatment. I got mine released and we ran out of time to do the coccyx, the teacher said mine was a little "off" and it hurt for so long after the sacral release, anyways, looking at my coccyx on the x ray, I believe the tip is quite anterior (aside from the fracture) which would be due to tight ligaments or unequal ligament tensions. This would have the relationship effect on L5/S1 joint, I just cannot remember the relationship...I think the curves or angles are opposite. Any way I am waffeling.

I must say I am in quite a bit of pain.

Congratulations on the weight loss, I miss being active 8-(

This discussion has been closed.