Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

burning in legs is this from facet joints?

in painiin pain Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Lower Back Pain
Wondering if the burning pain i am having from my knee to my ankles could be coming from my facet joint hypertrophy? I wasn't sure because i have read that facet pain normally doesn't radiate past the knee. am i correct? I do take neurontin, low dose though and I am sure the doc wants to increase it.

• i have facet joint hypertrophy too {very sever} but my leg pain burning is coming from the L5 nerve root as it got damaged in the last lot of surgery as for the lyrica you are taking {gabapentin} dont be in a hurry to increase it ..when i was on it i put 3 stone on in 3 months and it put me into urinary retention ..so i came off it be careful maybe you need a med review with your doctor
  • Hi! I have to say, only your doctor can answer that one for certain. I do know that my "uncinate process hypertrophic change" is mildly narrowing the foramina at that level, causing me nerve pain and headaches (controlled at the moment with Neurontin) but, your case is definitely different.

You should ask your doctor! Another thing, everyone is different in the medication. What doesn't work for one person, can work for a hundred others. Listen to your body, you will know if the benefits outweigh the side effects!

Good luck, and keep us posted!

• Mine is from a compressed nerve root around L5, and the more inflamed my back is, the worse the burning. I'm on Gabapentin (Neurontin) too, but it doesn't help with that specific nerve pain! :crying:

This discussion has been closed.