Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Now I have this to deal with ....

morris8790mmorris8790 Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Fibromyalgia
Hi, just wanted to share that I saw my nero. yesterday we got my blood work back and everything looked normal except for my B12 was very low so he gave me a b12 injection. At least the test came back negative for lupus but he said that he fells that I do have Fibro. great but it does explain alot of my symptoms because when he checked my pressure points they all hurt. And with the symptoms chart I have many of them. So now starting a new med. for that. I guess like many of us spineys if its not one thing falling apart its another!
Would love to talk with others that have this condition to see how your treatment has gone.

• Don't you hate it when they five you good news followed by bad news? So you find out you don't have one auto-immune disease, only to be told you have another.

I'm so sorry! I hope that the new med works for you, and you can manage the pain without too much trouble!

Take care!

• I'm not aware of any Fibro meds that aren't used as Spine meds - so what helps one will help the other. I was dx'd in reverse order - first the Fibro then came the spinal issues (though spine issues existed for a long time before they got bad enough to see Doc.)

Although I don't have a Myofacial Pain d'x - I'm quite aware that I've got it. Gee - bones, muscles & skin hurt. That about covers it, ya?

• Hi wanted to let you know there is a new drug out on the market called Savella it is made just for fibro. My PCP told me it helps with the fibro. pain and for depression. You consider talkng with your Dr. about this.
  • Thanks, Barb - I'll google it!

• Sorry to hear you have this crappy disease. I was diagnosed years ago, back when they thought it was rare and most docs didn't believe it actually existed. I went through several docs and every PT and OT they had, and finally, while waiting for a PT appointment, I read an article on FMS. The appointment was in the same building as my doc, so I showed it to the PT, who went with me to my doc. He grabbed a couple books off the shelf & did the tender point test, and every one was flared. I've since been to quite a few docs over the years, and have tried many different things. Any questions you (or anyone) have that I might be able to help with, PM me any time!

And after all that, I gotta say, your puppy pic is ADORABLE!!!
  • I've wandered for a couple years if I had fibro. But my PCP kept blaming everything on my back or my circulation problems in my legs. Now I know what was really going on. At my last appt. with new PM I was also diagnosed with Myofascial Pain Syndrome also. I spoke with my PCP about this and he sold me that the meds. will help to take the edge off but I will live in chronic pain for the rest of my life. Not what I wanted to hear! I'm only forty and feel like I am in a eighty year old body. I sure hope they find now research on these two disably conditions cause this is no way to live. I just take it one day at a time and make no plans because I don't know if I'm going to be able to move from day to day. Which all of you with fibro. know what I'm talking about. The pinched nerve in my back and nerve damage in my legs just makes it that much worse.
    Thanks for the comment on my puppy she's a Shih Tzu and my hubby got her for me when I was really feeling down and depressed and she has been the best medicine yet!
  • I know exactly what you mean! After dealing with this for so many years, I've learned a few things. First off, if you have a doc that is not taking your problems seriously, or trying to lump new problems in with your old ones, find a new doc that will work with you. I've got a fairly decent rheumatologist who treats my FMS, there are some really great ones out there. Your doc should be working with you to try different methods of treatment. I've been on so many different meds trying to figure out what works best that I've felt like a walking pharmacy at times LOL. There can be a lot of relief from diet change and/or exercise for some folks as well.
    Your hubby must be amazing, what a great gift! With these types of problems, it's so important to have family support.