Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

who has had the need for a second fusion?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had C5-6 ACDF in 11/07 after MVA 9/07 for complete herniation at C5-6 but only small at C6-7.. I had all C5-6 symptoms and chose to go with the 1 level fusion.. Now hear I am not 2 yrars later with progression of symptoms.. neck right and left arm pain, numbness, tingling..been on Cymbalta and lyrica ( 300 mg per day) for over a year, progressively increasing other pain meds, Kadian 30 mg 2/day.. nothing make it all go away.. PT accupunture, TENS.so am waiting for surgery date for C6-7 fusion..to be approvided by W/C..was a work related MVA..an nurse case manager supervisor..with a hour plus commute and 90 % of job on the computer..who went back to work initially way too soon at 10 weeks.
Fun Fun..
Any comments would be great.

• Oh you poor baby. I had 2 levels done in 2006. Recently just had a posterior laminectomy at C3 right above my fusion. My fusion was from C4 to C6. I am totally Miserable at the moment. If I needed another fusion I am pretty sure I would scream so loud you could hear me. I feel for you hun, I never thought I would need anything else done to my neck and I never want anyone touching my neck again. I am avoiding doctors now, they are full of bad news anyhow. I just bought 2 pillows that were advertised on this sight that are for the neck. I wear my soft collar a lot and I am not suppose too so everyone can tell I do NOT feel good. I use ice and heat and take 2 hour showers too. In General My muscles just feel like I am carrying a few 100 extra pounds and its exhausting. Good Luck, Keep us informed if you feel like it. :)
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.
  • I had my first double fusion of C5-7 in March of '07. I got hurt pulling fire hose back in May of '05. I had gone back to work in pain and lasted a year and a half before blowing another disc and having surgery of my C4-5 in March of this year. I am still in a lot of pain and my C3-4 is in bad shape so I don't kow what the future holds
    Good luck to you
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    I had a three level 2.5+ years ago... went back to work after 10 days like a dummy ... had a four level a little over a year ago ... Shhh! ....it happens.

Dealing with W/C must be a whole other "level" of fun and games.

There is sympathy ... empathy ... and advice (non-medical of course) here for the taking and giving.

I will keep you in my prayers ... join us some night in the chat room .... They may have connected my hip bone to my neck bone ... but they haven't messed up my funny bone yet!
    Humor heals the soul ... if not the spine.

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!