Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Palliative care

tamtamttamtam Posts: 2,749
Looking for anyone who has or knows someone who has used pallative care. Would like to hear your experiences and how it effected you are the persons life? What types of treatments were used how many members where on the team? Did they do this in your home or another medical facility? Of course I don't know all the questions to ask about it, as just learning this approach to medical care. But if anyone has anything to share I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance for help.

• We've talked before, I am so sorry you are at this point. The goal is always comfort for the patient and the family. You might look at this website, it has a few patient stories.

• You are such a good daughter to your parents; you will be blessed for caring enough to make sure your mother is comfortable. I too am sorry you are at this point.

When my mother-in-law was dieing from cancer, she wanted to pass at her home, so they brought in a hospital bed and set her up there. A nurse came and checked on her morning and night, and they trained my father-in-law how to take care of the iv and her daily needs. She had a doctor come to her home periodically, and any time she needed anything, there was always someone available. A CNA came in daily to sit with her, bathe her (when we daughter-in-laws didn't do it), and feed her. This was through the hospice program and also a private nursing program. My father also benefited from hospice.

I know you'll research everything, but from what I am told, hospice is the best. Good luck in your situation, and you know I am always here for you!
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • when my gran was toward the end of her life mcmillan came to her house and helped with drugs {im morphine} and generally made her life as bearable as possible ..the also helped with things like a stair life and new microwave and raised toilet seat the nurses could not have been nicer.my doctor said to me that having a debilitating illness like sever chronic back pain is very similar to the definition of palliative care as we take the same drugs and sometimes need the same attention as someone that is terminal ...there should be a dedicated team that visit you at home when you have sever pain just like the macmillan service do.rest in peace gran i love you so much