Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

More pain with brace than without

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
Hi, I'm new to all this. I was just diagnosed with spondylosis after being told for months that is was just bulging disks, as they couldn't find the fractures before, and I'm too young (15) for many other back conditions. I had been pain free for a while with physical therepy before getting this diagnosis, but got rechecked after a sudden day of pain that left me unable to walk for that day. I now am fitted with my brace, and, finally, here is the problem.

I had been fairly pain free before I got the brace, but now as I've been wearing it more (since June 26) I've been getting for painful back spasms and such that my regular pain meds can't completely cover up. Is this normal? Or should I call to talk to a doctor or the brace technician?

As I said, I am very new to the brace, and most other things with this condition, and really don't know much about it other than the basics, help would be greatly appreciated!!

• While braces are very uncomfortable it should not be causing you pain and especially spasms. As a matter of fact my doctor prescribes them after surgery to specifically eliminate the spasms. I would suggest that you call your doctor and the place where you got your brace. It sounds as if it may not be fitting you very well. I had that happen and had to have one specifically made for me because of my very long neck.
  • Thank you, I did this and found out that I did in fact have the wrong brace. Thanks again!