Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Leg Cramps

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Ihad cervical spine fusion in C1 & C2. Multi lacerations from the above down to C7 aswell as an open head injury.I suffer from huge leg cramps at nite. Sometimes I wake up with blue patches on the legs or on the knee. Autobonegraft was done from the hip. Could the cramps be from all the above or is it natural.

• hi i'm pete and suffer from cramps also. my question is when did you have the surgery. it just be one of those strange symptoms after surgery. i've had 6 operations and during the healing process all kinds of sensations and spasms surface. make sure you drink plenty of water. how is your pain level?
  • Hi Pete

I had an operation on the 9th August 2007. The cramps started off mildly, but now they are more frequent & hell they are so painfull. Do you have any ideas about the blue marks.I have alot of discomfort in the neck & shoulders but trying to live with it. Doctor told me it is part and parcel of the injury. Hip has a tingling sensation in the buttock area as an autobonegraft was done to. How is your pain. Do you suffer from any constipation?
  • well its been a while since surgery/accident....when was last scan done. it's possible there may be some new pressure on the nerves that's causing spasms.
    i'd keep pushing dr for info. get 2nd opinion if necessary. you got me puzzled on blue marks. do you have any circulation troubles.
    you must be on pain meds if youre having some constipation....what meds?
    i am not on strong pain meds. they dont work for me. unfortunately i spend day in power wheelchair. pain is tough but other people have it worse.
  • Sorry to hear you are having so many problems. I agree with pete, push your doc until you get some answers, especially the bruising, and get a 2nd opinion if he/she doesn't start getting answers. I get severe cramps and spasms in my leg as well, but I do have other things going on with my leg, so we're not sure what the cause of them are. I also get spasms in my bicep, one so bad last night that has left me with muscle pain yet!!
    Good luck with your search for answers, and I hope that you can find relief quickly!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • BotzBotz Central FloridaPosts: 223
    I take Calcium to keep the vicious leg cramps away. I used to wake up in the middle of the night in horrible pain. My Dr. recomended that I try taking Calcium. Since I started taking it daily I have not had any leg cramps what so ever. I also have crazy muscle spasms in my leg since my fusion. I take Baclofen to relieve the spasms.

Good Luck!
  • I've had horrid leg cramps for years. Don't know if you've seen this discussion thread, but I started a similar topic here:

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Hi

I am not sure , but I had an open facial injury at the time of my car accident. C1 & C2 Fusion done. I am also suffering cramps/ spasms on the left side of my face. I did hurt this side of my face when i was injured. I s there anything i could take for it as it felt like the entire jaw was going stiff. So much for life hey