Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A post everyone should read

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,059
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:33 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
This is worth repeating

I generally do not log in over the weekends. This is the time I really want to devote to my family and friends.
When I logged on this evening and started to go through some threads I was somewhat disappointed in some of the content.

Here are some facts that really need to be pointed out.

1- The Spine-Health Forums is a free site for anyone to register for.

2- One of the major set of objectives is to provide an environment that members can discuss their medical situations, talk about the details of spinal surgeries and various medications. And to me, one of the best feature is that this site has become a very effective support group for people dealing with chronic pain and those just trying to figure out some spinal problems

3- There will be posts that some members will agree or disagree with. That is fine, as long as members conduct themselves in a professional manner, there is no problem with people voicing their opinions. When you do not like what is being said in a particular thread, then do what I do, stop reading it.

4- On the negative side, there are some members that use posts for their own private band wagon. They believe in something and then go about trying to make posts to almost force others to believe in what they are saying.
Thats where we can and do run into problems.

5- Attacks. This really bothers me. I've read posts where one member or set of members gang up on another member. Then instead of discussing things from a medical point of view, they make it a personal discussion.

The Moderator team and myself as well as the owners of this site always try to be as flexible as possible. Knowing that so many of us are dealing with chronic pain which can be so difficult, many exceptions and allowances are made.
On other sites, if some of the style and manner of those offensive posts where made, all the people involved would be banned. We are not for that. But on the same token, we take the Forum Rules of conduct very seriously. When violations are made, we will contact the member(s) involved and explain the problem. That is considered a formal warning. If a member receives three formal warnings they will be banned from this site. This is an action we really hate to take.

I dont want to paint a gloom and domm picture here. Because on the whole, I think we have some of the most compassionate and understanding people. Those that go out of their ways to try to help another.

Helping One Another Now isnt that why so many of us are here!
Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments