I just got off the phone with the lead attorney for our area's Disability office. About 3 weeks ago, I sent in a long letter and my most recent CT/Myelo and asked for an "on the record decision" on my case. My one year "anniversary" of being unable to work is the end of this month.
He actually sounded very positive. I actually decided to ask for this decision after talking to my NS about the (what he says) "fact" that my problems will most likely not go away until I fuse (for at least 2 years). At the time he said this,, he also said I should reapply for SSDI, and he would support me.
So, this lawyer tells me he would like to see the note I mention in the letter (I didn't include it, because I thought they would send out a form for the doctor to fill out), and also I should ask for a statement from any one of my 3 doctors that includes my current limitations regarding being able to stand/walk/sit/lift in a combination that would not allow me to hold a full time job.
I will have no trouble getting this, but since I don't have a lawyer, I'm curious: he says "full time", but shouldn't he have said "any" job? If you can hold a job of any kind, or if you even work an hour a week, I thought you can't be considered for disability, is that assumption incorrect?
He sounded as though, when I get this, I will most likely have a favorable outcome... so we'll see (hopefully soon).
This may be confusing for some to read, since I have all my plans for school and such. I DO plan on attending school (full or part time remains to be seen), because I DON'T plan on this being permanent. But, attending school is a lot easier than working, isn't it?
Anyway, I hope someone can respond about the full time job deal he mentioned.