Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Quick Question? Anyone know if

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Anyone know if a thyroid disease can cause/make DDD worse? I have Graves disease,was an over active thyroid, had it removed and now take medication that replaces what my thyroid would have produced. So now the thyroid levels are normal. Becuase the thyroid has to do with your metabolizm, I was woundering if it can effect the disks? Causing them to degernate faster?

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I really can't answer your question but I thought I'd bump it back up so maybe someone can give you an answer. Sorry I can't help. Take care.

• i have had an underactive thyroid for 45 years and i do have a multitude of spine problems but none of my doctors ever mentioned that the thyroid problem caused the disk problem.
    i guess thats a question that needs some research,.. keep us posted