Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just Feel Good

ernurseeernurse Posts: 790
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Good News
Hey folks!

I feel good today. Can't say that very much, but I feel good today! Yeah, I hurt, but I'm just feeling mentally good. Doc did increase/tweak my meds earlier this week and I am awaiting my date in August for my perm SCS. I just feel some hope now. That doesn't mean that I won't feel down in the dumps again, it's just been a long time that I could really say I am happy. You folks whether you realize it or not have helped put me in this mood today. Thank you.

• Take it when it comes and milk it for all you can! I think it's awesome that you are feeling up this morning. Enjoy!

• just hearing youve improved has made my day. i guess its contagious!!!!
  • I think it was your trip to the market yesterday =)) =))

But seriously, it's great to hear it! <:P
  • Dear Angie,

This is so great to hear.

Just sit back and enjoy... okay?

Hey? If these "feel good" feelings should greet you in the morning, give me a jingle, k?

I'll have my "hunka hunka burnin' love" swing by and pick you up, so we can get pedicures together. (I still can't bend enough to do my toes, so it's that time of month again!).

So happy you shared this. It brought a huge smile to my face. :)

Best wishes for a nice evening with your sexy beast.

• That is so good to hear and I know you've been having a difficult time. I did read your other post and I can tell you poured your heart and soul into it. We appreciate you opening up like that and sharing your experiences with us. You were able to articulate what I'm sure many of us felt but couldn't put into words. Anyway, you already know that you have faithful companions in this long, difficult journey and you'll never have to face it alone.
  • it is Saturday morning and i hope you are still on top of the world!! <:P Jenny :D
  • No, actually I hurt a little more cuz I've overdone it because I feel good! But, I feel good because it's been fun. I went with hubby to get my son's football equipment and got to visit with folks I haven't seen in a while. I hurt like hell but I was social!

Yesterday I took a shower(big deal), fixed my hair(bigger deal), and put on makeup(OMG, HUGE event) for a visitation. While hubby stood in the very long line, I sat in a chair waiting, but just enjoyed being out. F all of the people who say I don't look disabled, I'm not going to hide in a closet anymore.

Tomorrow we have a great family fun day planned(all within my restrictions) and I'll overdo it, but I AM going to go and at least be the photographer(or maybe the photographer on lots of meds, we'll see how it comes out!)

Thanks for all the atta girls you guys have posted. Simple words can sometimes change someone's entire day!
  • go for it. so you sit and take pictures. nobody is disabled unless they are unable to think
  • So great to hear you are feeling cheery today. I've been feeling that way since Liz has arrived. So wish you could have joined us. I'm hurting too from all that we have been doing, but its okay, I'm having the best time I have had in a long, long time.

• Just have to say that I have plans for the future now that include positive things! I hurt like hell today, but we had a great family day 2 days ago and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Money is tight, pain hurts, lots of laundry, I'm on the couch, but it's O.K.

I got out of bed today, didn't take a shower but did have hubby drive me to pick up some paperwork from the doctor that will help with money problems. My renewed TEMPORARY handicap tag arrived(still have a way to go before I admit to that permanent one.) Anytime I get out of the house I consider it a big success. Have been resting all day on the couch because I am hoping to cook an easy spaghetti meal tonight for the family(very cheap food) and watch a rented movie.

No need to respond here, I'm just typing an affirmation of hope for myself!

• Darn. I was finally mentally prepared for surgery on the 14th. I had childcare planned, hubby's work planned, home life planned, all set. Then on my birthday(10th) I get a call from my surgeon's office that he has a conflict and I have to wait until the 28th. Darn(actually, there's more I want to say there but got to be somewhat clean talking!) Kind of like getting all ready for a date and being stood up! LOL.

OK, well, new day is less than 2 weeks away, and after my initial crying episode, I think it will work out better than the other date. Gives me a little more summer time without the additional pain of postop. Just going to keep kicking myself in the backside to keep going till the 28th! :)
  • your birthday is two days from mine....hope yours was enjoyable...on the good side i can sense some positive thinking just below the surface of your brain....good luck on 28th
  • Thank you for taking time out from your special day to cheer me up. That's one of the things that makes you so special!

My kids have lifted me out of my funk, I just have so much to do and I'm ready to get started!